• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GreenRiverBoy
    • Jul 2012

A couple questions about first trip to SS tomorrow

Hi All,
    I may be able to make an unexpected first trip to the SS tomorrow. I had previously let my Garand Collectors Association membership expire and just last week rejoined. I'm assuming but wanted clarification that the store will know that I'm now a member again? I noticed that I was able to buy from the estore again so thought that the GCA must have sent the info to the CMP.

Planning on taking my documents; birth cert., CCW certificate and a copy of my email sales receipt for the GCA. Is there anything else I need besides lots of money?

Thanks for any info and sorry if this is a repetitive question.
    Cheers!
  • Shomway
    • Apr 2012

Sounds like you got everything covered.
    Good luck!
    31- 100% ITrader feedback prior to removal.
    Feedback....http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=209950

Comment

• GreenRiverBoy
      • Jul 2012

I think. I just want to know if my membership email receipt will work is place of my GCA membership card. I may be overthinking all this but would be crying over a technicality.

Comment

• Kansas Poster
        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by GreenRiverBoy View Post
        I think. I just want to know if my membership email receipt will work is place of my GCA membership card. I may be overthinking all this but would be crying over a technicality.
        It will work. They want your money, and take lots.
        Operation Positive Attitude.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here https://forums.thecmp.org/forum/mark...oster-feedback

Comment

• GreenRiverBoy
          • Jul 2012

Thanks.

I'm scrambling trying to figure what to buy based on availability tomorrow. This will be my first visit to the store but also first Garand purchase. Been reading about them off and on for several years and hoping to either find a Winchester or International Harvester that I'm happy with.

Comment

• Kansas Poster
            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by GreenRiverBoy View Post
            Thanks.

I'm scrambling trying to figure what to buy based on availability tomorrow. This will be my first visit to the store but also first Garand purchase. Been reading about them off and on for several years and hoping to either find a Winchester or International Harvester that I'm happy with.
            You might get lucky and find both. Don't be shy, the staff may have something in the back room to fit your needs, just ask

Did I say take lots of money, or credit card ballance.
            Operation Positive Attitude.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here https://forums.thecmp.org/forum/mark...oster-feedback

Comment

• GreenRiverBoy
              • Jul 2012

That would be very sweet.

Hey, just found out that Anniston is on Central time; I could have sworn they were Eastern. Yey, I can leave at 3AM instead of 2 now.

Comment

• Shomway
                • Apr 2012

They just listed WRA's for mail order sales so would think your chances of finding one in the store is pretty good.
                Good hunting!
                31- 100% ITrader feedback prior to removal.
                Feedback....http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=209950

Comment

• Jrblanke
                  • Feb 2016

Just saw your post or I would have responded sooner. How was your visit? What did you get?

Comment

• GreenRiverBoy
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Jrblanke View Post
                    Just saw your post or I would have responded sooner. How was your visit? What did you get?
                    Thanks for asking. I had a great first trip down there and as soon as I entered the store felt, possibly for the first time in my life, "bitter" that I'm not rich.

I found a IHC Service Grade in really nice shape with (probably original, in the white) LMR barrel, IHC trigger housing, IHC elevation knob and IHC stock (has the 4 numbers in the barrel channel). Stock has faint to no visible cartouche and with a Springfield bolt. Furniture appears that it will clean up nicely.

It is also a LEAD rebuild with MR 2 and TR 1+ and the finish looks pretty cool. Looking forward to shooting it as soon as possible.

I was the fourth person there Sat morning and for about 30 mins it was just me and three other gentlemen so it was quite comfortable looking around. I think we had a total of only 6 or 7 in the store until I left at about 0950.

On the way out, I was looking for a sling and a lady that works there helped me find one that appears to be brand new and dated 1944. $6 and I'll bet its worth at least $50 on ebay.

Anyway, I made a day of it with 11 hours of total drive time but my son and I stopped in Nashville on the way back home for some fantastic Thai food that made the last couple of hours fly by. Got home, crashed and a few hours later was doing research and cleaning by new addition.
                    Last edited by GreenRiverBoy; 07-11-2017, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Jrblanke
                      • Feb 2016

Sounds like a great time and a great rifle! That's great that you were able to get one with an IHC stock!

Comment

Working...
                      X