Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tdoc6
    • Apr 2012

I did check the rear and Front sights and had asked the RO (who also owns a Garand) to take a look and we could not find anything that caught our eye.

Comment

• lapriester
      • Oct 2009

Sounds like you are on the right track. Out of nowhere problems are not that common with M1's. They usually happen over time. It's rare that one will shoot just fine and suddenly start stringing as badly as your pic indicates at a just 25 yards. Not impossible, just very unusual.

Comment

• Garandimal
        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Big_Red View Post
        Here you go....

If the string is bottom-to-top?

Check to see if you have a business card's clearance b/t your gas cylinder and front handguard.

Might be too tight.

GR
        "...We know that it is the hits that count..."

- Marine Major General William H. Rupertus - The Rifleman's Creed

Comment

• Tdoc6
          • Apr 2012

Thanks, I did check the handgaurd/gas cylnder. But I will take a closer look and compare a hot and cold barrel to see if there is a difference thanks

Comment

• Tdoc6
            • Apr 2012

Hey Guys, I thought I should give you and update on my accuracy issue. I want to thank all of your for your advice it was all helpful. But it appears that the problems I was having were all shooter related like most of you had suggested. I looked at every aspect fro mechanical issues that you had suggested ( A wonderful learning experience). I had not been able to shoot much this fall due to other commitments. But recently i had a chance to get some quality range time in and went back to basics going over my technique. Low and behold the Gun now shoots like it use to. Amazing !!!

Thanks for all you help it wasn't any one thing that I was doing wrong just a lack of discipline that did was probably the cause.

Comment

• case42so
              • Jan 2013

My fist impression after looking at you target was the problem was in your technique , not a rifle problem. It appears you understand that now. The vertical string indicates that you are not controlling your breathing. I also suspect you may have started jerking the trigger as you were doing rapid fire. Relax, take your time, think through your shooting sequence for each shot. This is especially important if you only shoot occasionally. Good Luck
              Brian

Comment

Working...
              X