• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobbyO
    • May 2019

New Cases

Howdy,

I noticed a new style case in the picture thread. Are these now the normal shipping cases? What kind of feedback have you gotten on them? They look great from the pictures.

Thanks!

Robby

Originally posted by Dogpupkus View Post

• Shomway
    • Apr 2012

Been said that these are the new cases for the Garand. It seems that bolt actions(store purchase) go out with the foam filled cases.
    These appear to be the most secure and fitted case that CMP has used for the Garand specifically.
    31- 100% ITrader feedback prior to removal.
    Feedback....http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=209950

Comment

• jsudduth
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Shomway View Post
      Been said that these are the new cases for the Garand. It seems that bolt actions(store purchase) go out with the foam filled cases.
      These appear to be the most secure and fitted case that CMP has used for the Garand specifically.
      I have 2 of the bolt gun cases. I bought a 1903 and 1917 at the south store a couple months ago. They do have egg crate foam.

After looking them over closely I believe this is the case the CMP has had customized for them. For the bolt guns anyway.

Flambeau long gun case

The only difference I see is the CMP logo replaces the Flambeau name on the front.

Jim

Comment

• Kansas Poster
        • Jul 2010

Had some Field Grades last month. They all came with the new case.

They work fine for shipping a Garand. Not so great for taking to the range with slings and ammo. Not much room for anything else.

M1 with leather sling will not fit well, sling will not go in the slots, might get in the way of closing.

M1 with web sling fits better.

Carbine fits with sling, with lots of room to move around and not hold in place.

I do not like the new cases. The old green cases were best.

The blue plate, upper left is just stuck in with a small amount of glue, and falls out, but would not be missed.
        Operation Positive Attitude.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here https://forums.thecmp.org/forum/mark...oster-feedback

Comment

• RobbyO
          • May 2019

Originally posted by jsudduth View Post
          I have 2 of the bolt gun cases. I bought a 1903 and 1917 at the south store a couple months ago. They do have egg crate foam.

After looking them over closely I believe this is the case the CMP has had customized for them. For the bolt guns anyway.

Flambeau long gun case

The only difference I see is the CMP logo replaces the Flambeau name on the front.

Jim
          Hey Jim,

This is basically the case I got last year when I got my first M1:

https://www.flambeauoutdoors.com/Hun...ersized-single

Different color and did have the CMP logo in the middle like you described with the newer one.

Comment

• T38Carbine
            • Feb 2010

Look like they are great for the CMP to ship Garands. But other than that...not very useful.

Comment

• C Dexter
              • Jul 2011

They are also heavy. I much preferred the most recent tan ones before these. Those were much more versatile and lightweight for going to the range. Hopefully they will go back to the previous version. What was wrong with it?

Comment

• RFMan
                • May 2012

Originally posted by C Dexter View Post
                They are also heavy. I much preferred the most recent tan ones before these. Those were much more versatile and lightweight for going to the range. Hopefully they will go back to the previous version. What was wrong with it?
                It was not uncommon for a tan-encased M1 to arrive with the op rod handle poking through the plastic. I have only had one tan cased M1 delivered, and its op rod had penetrated the case. Thankfully it was not damaged.

Comment

• Shomway
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by C Dexter View Post
                  I recall seeing pics here of the muzzle poking through the end of the older case upon delivery. I doubt that with the new case you would be seeing this. These new cases seem to be more appropriate for shipping and not a range case.
                  31- 100% ITrader feedback prior to removal.
                  Feedback....http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=209950

Comment

Working...
                  X