X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwenum
    • Feb 2013

Thoughts on CMP startup

My oldest has an RGN in the low 13xxx's and had a dream the other night. He got a field grade Singer!! Then he started worrying that the 'packets' would be mislaid when everyone comes back in. I can envision packets still laying on desks at Anniston.
    Just throwing out crap to think about during this crisis and keep the 1911 threads from dying!
  • T38Carbine
    • Feb 2010

The gremlins are not eating 1911 packets at CMP. Everything is just as they left it and will start back up when this crap is over. Sit tight they’ll get to you!!

Comment

• BSAGuy
      • Dec 2018

There are much bigger things to worry about than the CMP's ability to keep up with paper, which is exemplary.
      Be Prepared

Comment

• Dana1911
        • Oct 2018

Originally posted by jwenum View Post
        My oldest has an RGN in the low 13xxx's and had a dream the other night. He got a field grade Singer!! Then he started worrying that the 'packets' would be mislaid when everyone comes back in. I can envision packets still laying on desks at Anniston.
        Just throwing out crap to think about during this crisis and keep the 1911 threads from dying!
        Jeff, thanks for putting up a thread. I'm still checking the forum several times a day, looking for interesting reading. Pickings have been pretty lean these days. Glad Bearpack is not hibernating and is sharing his volumes with fellow enthusiasts. Always a good read !! Sure do hope your oldest gets the pistol of his dreams. Perhaps "S" figures prominently in the dream...... US&S, SA rebuild. There have to be more possibilities !! Throw out more crap to think about. It's a nice activity and good diversion out here in Coronavirusland. Stay healthy. Regards, Dana

Comment

• jwenum
          • Feb 2013

Dana, thanks for helping out! Hoping for him to get an Albany rebuild like I got. He was a Marine also. Jeff

Comment

• drslash
            • May 2016

A bit of 1911 information straight from the horse's mouth.

https://thegca.org/cmps-mark-johnson...ca-convention/

At the 6:20 mark in the video CMP's COO comments on 1911 availability in the current sales program. Just thought I'd post this in the 1911 forum. I don't think it has been noted here yet. Forgive me if I missed it.

Comment

• pacwa
              • Feb 2014

15000 and up

Comment

• Oct 2019

Thank you for posting that Alan, some interesting stuff.

Comment

• CowboyDan
                  • Aug 2019

Good stuff
                  Last edited by CowboyDan; 04-10-2020, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• cmp1911admin
                    • Apr 2018

packets

Due to the virus situation here, all order packets are being burned to ensure there is no contamination to the 1911's and our staff. We will accept new order packets beginning in sometime in 2025 (or later if a vaccine is discovered) with the following conditions:

1. Any photos of people must show they are wearing a N-95 mask.
                    2. Complete packet must be filled out while wearing gloves.
                    3. Print must be large enough that staff can read it from 6 feet away.
                    4. Packets must be certified from the National Virus Lab as being safe.

If additional safe measures are recommended in the future we will start the order process over again with the new measures added.

Thank you and stay safe.

Comment

• CowboyDan
                      • Aug 2019

Originally posted by cmp1911admin View Post
                      Due to the virus situation here, all order packets are being burned to ensure there is no contamination to the 1911's and our staff. We will accept new order packets beginning in sometime in 2025 (or later if a vaccine is discovered) with the following conditions:

If additional safe measures are recommended in the future we will start the order process over again with the new measures added.

Thank you and stay safe.

Comment

• xd9x19
                        • Oct 2009

CowboyDan, I wanted to be the one who awarded that trophy. You beat me to it.

Comment

• CowboyDan
                          • Aug 2019

Originally posted by xd9x19 View Post
                          CowboyDan, I wanted to be the one who awarded that trophy. You beat me to it.

Comment

• cmp1911admin
                            • Apr 2018

Last post

Just in case someone believed my last post (at least one of you did) it was a JOKE, I say again IT WAS A JOKE. I am bored and have nothing to do, thank you.
                            Last edited by cmp1911admin; 04-10-2020, 11:57 AM. Reason: added

Comment

• COL Hal
                              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by cmp1911admin View Post

Thank you and stay safe.

This is hilarious and very creative. Thank you for making my day!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X