X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d.swider777
    • Feb 2019

Current inventory, possible trip

Hey everyone, I'm looking to head to the North Store this week or next week to get what will probably be my last Garands and possibly a 1903. I want to get a rifle for both of my children in hopes that when they get old enough they will enjoy my passion for these pieces of history.

I was wondering if anyone has been there since the last update or if anyone is going this week. It's about a 7 hour trip for me, so I want to go when they have a good inventory to choose from. I'm looking to get an IHC or Winchester (whatever grade is available) and any decent SG or FG. If anyone goes, please let me know if what they currently have is worth the trip there. Thanks guys!
  • bandofM1
    • Feb 2013

Call them and ask.

Comment

• Shomway
      • Apr 2012

Since they just received a truck two weeks ago, I doubt you will see another anytime soon.
      Your best bet is to call the store for what is available. If you call, ask if there is a limit on the number of Garands you can buy per day. When I was there I believe there was a one Garand limit and a one per year on the 1903A3's.
      http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/cmp-stores/north-store/
      Last edited by Shomway; 02-28-2019, 07:12 AM.
      31- 100% ITrader feedback prior to removal.
      Feedback....http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=209950

Comment

• Bitten
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Shomway View Post
        Since they just received a truck two weeks ago, I doubt you will see another anytime soon.
        Your best bet is to call the store for what is available. If you call, ask if there is a limit on the number of Garands you can buy per day. When I was there I believe there was a one Garand limit and a one per year on the 1903A3's.
        http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/cmp-stores/north-store/
        What it a one Garand limit or one Garand limit per manufacture grade? For example, could you buy one Field Grade IHC and one SA/HRA Special?
        NRA Life Member

Comment

• Shomway
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Bitten View Post
          What it a one Garand limit or one Garand limit per manufacture grade? For example, could you buy one Field Grade IHC and one SA/HRA Special?
          When I was there I wasn't shopping for a Garand but thought they were limiting the Service Grades they just received. Have seen this limit before as they try to spread them out to more people. Considering they had almost a full rack of Specials, I doubt that they were limited.
          31- 100% ITrader feedback prior to removal.
          Feedback....http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=209950

Comment

• Jimbeau_67
            • Nov 2018

It was 1 service grade SA limiy per visit. One 1903 a year when I was there on Feb. 16. I would call on the 1903.

Comment

• d.swider777
              • Feb 2019

I did call, no 1903’s and they only have special grades and field grade IGCs in stock. It’s going to be one of the only times I get to go though so I’m struggling with whether to go and pick out the special grade I want and take my chances on a mail order SG, or just do a mail order for both.

Comment

• DBR63
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by d.swider777 View Post
                I did call, no 1903’s and they only have special grades and field grade IGCs in stock. It’s going to be one of the only times I get to go though so I’m struggling with whether to go and pick out the special grade I want and take my chances on a mail order SG, or just do a mail order for both.
                I’d make the drive. I’ve seen some cool specials there including 5 and 6 digit serial numbers. Some have nice deep stampings and some not so nice. Go pick what you like if the chance is there. If nothing grabs your eye then go luck of the draw mail order. Just my two cents. Good luck.
                Feedback http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....DBR63+feedback

Comment

• hebes405
                  • Jan 2018

Originally posted by d.swider777 View Post
                  My opinion is that if I drove 7 hours to the north store, I would be disappointed.
                  Unless you want a Sniper M1.

Comment

• 57years
                    • Mar 2018

I was there today at 1:00 to 2:00.
                    No 1903 or A3, they did have an empty and marked rack.
                    No SG except M1C, in both SA and WRA.
                    RG in M1D, one SA with 174XXX serial. Too rough for me to buy.
                    LOTS Specials in both .308 and 30-06. Mostly SA, but also IHC.
                    20 or so FG IHC, between 4.2 and 5.6 serial.
                    Frankly, I was disappointed. Drove 8 hrs round and empty handed, but did the right thing....

Comment

• ILOG
                      • Apr 2011

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Not like the good old days.

Comment

• southpawx3
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by 57years View Post
                        LOTS Specials in both .308 and 30-06. Mostly SA, but also IHC.....
                        How much were the SA 308s??
                        NRA Life Member

Comment

• 57years
                          • Mar 2018

Seems like I remember them as $1250, just like on line, but u should call and confirm selection and price before the drive.

Comment

• M2MikeGolf
                            • Sep 2010

The Special .308s were $1250. When I was there in February, they had plenty of those and plenty of specials in .30.06 for $1050; I bought one. I really liked the wide range of serial numbers, if that means anything to you. Also, I think they had IHC/WIN special .30.06/.308 for $1250. I am kicking myself for not getting .308 IHC. I had no plans to buy a Garand when I went; I was there for the JROTC airgun competition (I had a niece on a team). But when I walked into the store, I knew there was no way I was leaving without an M-1. Those specials are really that. But they had good deals on rack grades if you want a project. And they had those I wanted a ready made shooter. Really wished I had gotten that .308. I live in Texas, not really worth that kind of drive, but if my niece goes back next year, I'll be getting something, for sure. That is, if I don't order one ;-)

Comment

Working...
                            X