View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packrat2 View Post
Yes I know, I have not shot ducks after we had to use steel shot did not want to shoot steel shot in any of my older shotguns...And my Dad used to take me and he is gone now.
My dad, son and I have a total of 19 shotguns. Out of the 19 only two will handle steel shot.

A 1968 Belgian Browning A5 12 Ga. 3" for which I purchased a new Jap Invector barrel to handle steel.

A 1959 Winchester Model 12 - 12 Ga. 2.75" that was bored to improved cylinder before it came to me. That gun was deadly using lead shot over decoys. For teal I used #8 dove loads. It played hell on doves also.

I no longer hunt so it doesn't matter to me anymore. My son uses the Model 12 but seldom duck hunts.

I have a beautiful Model 12 Heavy Duck Gun that is of no use.
Click Here For My Feedback

In honor of my father, Howard C. Ricks. Corporal, Co. E, 2nd Battalion, 20th Marine Engineers, 4th Marine Division. Later renamed Co. B, 4th Pioneer Battalion after Marianna Operation. Service dates February 1943 to October 31, 1945, Combat action: Roi-Namur, Saipan, Tinian and Iwo Jima. His rifle SA 893999 met "Captain Crunch".
http://wwiimemorial.com/Registry/pla...oreeID=1841138