X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paul7177
    • Apr 2016

Service Grade Rifles

Is there any possibility that a new supply of service grade rifles will be available?
  • dnmccoy
    • Apr 2011

I would imagine as soon as the armorers have assembled enough for orders you'll see them again

Comment

• Mountain Walker
      • Oct 2009

Perhaps they're taking a chance to liquidate all of the less desirable rifles before marketing the new batch.

Comment

• HMC
        • Jan 2017

Where are any new M1's coming from?

Is there some news, rumors, or gossip that indicates that there may be more M1's coming out of CMP?

Comment

• bsmith918
          • Oct 2013

No

Comment

• Shomway
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by HMC View Post
            Is there some news, rumors, or gossip that indicates that there may be more M1's coming out of CMP?
            There is a rumor that they are expecting some from the Philippines, but no time line.
            Read posting #2.....
            http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=203868
            31- 100% ITrader feedback prior to removal.
            Feedback....http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=209950

Comment

• krdomingue
              • Nov 2015

I as in the AMC class last week and were told that they are currently working on getting 86,000 rifles; 84,000 from the Philippines and about 2,000 from Turkey, but if they do get them, it will be about a year out and will most likely run out of their current supply before it happens.

Comment

• Kestrel4k
                • Dec 2012

Originally posted by krdomingue View Post
                I as in the AMC class last week and were told that they are currently working on getting 86,000 rifles; 84,000 from the Philippines and about 2,000 from Turkey, but if they do get them, it will be about a year out and will most likely run out of their current supply before it happens.
                Thanks for this info, that's interesting.
                Kestrel4k feedback thread

Comment

• Nodak71
                  • Jan 2014

Back in 2015 at the GCA Convention I visited a little with Orest. He told me of the possible pending transfer of the rifles from the Philippines. The bad thing is it is thought that up to a third of these rifles will be "junk". The mention of Turkish rifles is something I hadn't heard.
                  Looking for SA 1607810
                  NRA Endowment Member
                  GCA
                  CMP Customer Since 98

Feedback Thread
                  http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=167261

Comment

• Sanlanman
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Nodak71 View Post
                    Back in 2015 at the GCA Convention I visited a little with Orest. He told me of the possible pending transfer of the rifles from the Philippines. The bad thing is it is thought that up to a third of these rifles will be "junk". The mention of Turkish rifles is something I hadn't heard.
                    So, I would believe that a lot of those Philippines rifles would end up as refinished CMP specials.

Comment

• Nodak71
                      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Sanlanman View Post
                      So, I would believe that a lot of those Philippines rifles would end up as refinished CMP specials.
                      Very possible, most likely field grade specials. Also maybe some of these would be so bad as to be just parts, who knows. Stands to reason with probably less than ideal storage in a tropical environment.
                      Looking for SA 1607810
                      NRA Endowment Member
                      GCA
                      CMP Customer Since 98

Feedback Thread
                      http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=167261

Comment

• edlmann
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Nodak71 View Post
                        Very possible, most likely field grade specials. Also maybe some of these would be so bad as to be just parts, who knows. Stands to reason with probably less than ideal storage in a tropical environment.
                        Used hard also.
                        A few variations on the black-cat-in-a-dark-room analogy:
                        1. Philosophy is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat.
                        2. Metaphysics is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat that isn't there.
                        3. Under Marxism, it's like being in a dark room, looking for a black cat that isn't there, and the State announces, "We found it!"

Comment

• krdomingue
                          • Nov 2015

She had initially said 86 thousand form the Philippines, but when I asked her about Turkey, she said that 2 thousand of the 86 thousand would come from Turkey. Really only token amount. They are suppose to have a lot more.

Comment

• colemanw
                            • Jul 2013

Have you guys been keeping up on the state of relations lately between the Philippines and the US?

Comment

• edlmann
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by krdomingue View Post
                              She had initially said 86 thousand form the Philippines, but when I asked her about Turkey, she said that 2 thousand of the 86 thousand would come from Turkey. Really only token amount. They are suppose to have a lot more.
                              The Turks hate to let anything go. Used to have a Turkish private ride shotgun on the shuttle bus to work with an M1A1 Thompson - in '89.
                              A few variations on the black-cat-in-a-dark-room analogy:
                              1. Philosophy is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat.
                              2. Metaphysics is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat that isn't there.
                              3. Under Marxism, it's like being in a dark room, looking for a black cat that isn't there, and the State announces, "We found it!"

Comment

Working...
                              X