• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B Phillips
    • Sep 2011

Need help from civil war collectors

Hello everyone,
    I am new to this forum and would ask a favor to all who collect or know collectors of civil war items. I have a 1864 US Springfield civil war rifled musket. It has a nice brown overall patina with a tulip shaped ramrod. It is in very good condition and is in working condition. One very distinctive feature is that the rear sight is missing and the dovetail for that sight was filled in with brass. If you look carefully you will be able to find the inspectors cartouche with the initials of ESA on the wood opposite of the lock. I had this rifle in a museum and found out yesterday that it has been stolen. If you see or hear of a rifle matching this discription please let someone know. It is missing from the southeast Missouri area. This weapon was passed on to me by my late father and I put it on loan to the museum so others could see and appreciate it. It is more than a civil war rifle to me, it is a priceless piece of American history that I wanted to pass along to my son as my father did me. I am asking that everyone please keep their eyes and ears open for any clues as to where this rifle is. Any help will be much appreciated.
    B Phillips
  • mannparks
    • Oct 2011

stolen

we will keep our eyes open in south central iowa.--charles

Comment

• joe wilson
      • Oct 2009

Will keep an eye open in 4 corner area. (KS, OK, MO & ARK.) What a shame. Did the museum insure it? Did you and/or the museum report it stolen to state & federal authorities?

Comment

• Dstout
        • Oct 2009

I will keep an eye out around Jonesboro, Ark. for you.
        David
        Fortes Fortuna juvat

2nd Bn, 3rd Marines

Buy now worry about later, later.--Bob Moore, 12/10
        My feedback thread http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ghlight=dstout 50+ positives before it was destroyed

Comment

• spoon
          • Mar 2011

Eyes out in west ky (and Iraq).

Comment

Working...
          X