View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 10:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to rcolarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by milprileb View Post
Your love of Varget is certainly noted. There are other powders (as stated in this thread and is the reason for this thread ) that are equal to it for long range precision shooting...or short range for that matter.

Niche as an adjective means having specialized appeal. Varget is just that, mainly because cheer leaders for it always paint it as "The Powder". Well, it is not and this thread throws light on that.

I have made it abundantly clear, even to the most casual observer, that other powders can bring in long range accuracy.

You disagree ? Post a thread stating why Varget is "Best"...otherwise, move on .
The whole "best" thing is a red herring, perpetuated by newcomers who don't want to find their own way. It's like asking which is the best woman, blonde, brunette, redhead?

I have loaded excellent ammunition for 5.56 (.223), 7.62 (.308), and .30-06 with just about every appropriate powder. If you asked me which is "best," I would answer "yes."

Which do I use most? In order, Varget, IMR 4064, RL15. Why? Can't say. They all work.
ACEP-certified coach