X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdjer
    • Jul 2015

Opinions on once fired LC brass

Does any one use once fired LC brass in their service rifles?
    Does anyone know the best web sight to order LC processed brass? This is my second season shooting XTC and my 15 yr old son shot first leather in his second leg match in OKC 2 weekends ago, we have been practicing ALOT and I need new brass for practice and matches, He will be competing at Perry this year with another junior
    All opinions will be greatly appreciated
  • Gewehr43
    • Nov 2009

FWIW.......... I use LC brass ALOT in my SR rifles..........It's great and cheap.

As far as buying processed brass............ I don't. I use my own fired brass and reload it. So, Sorry I can't recommend a source for that.
    Service Rifle.... RIP .... 1884-2015

Comment

• bcp307
      • Jun 2015

Opinions on once fired LC brass

In the past year and half I have bought once fired processed brass from Everglades Reloading in Florida.
      Prompt shipping and great looking brass. After about 1000 rounds fired in matches and practice for service rifle I had one case head separation in practice.
      Very reasonable prices. Will buy more when needed.

Comment

• Shomway
        • Apr 2012

Never dealt with them but here is an option...
        http://www.tacticalbrass.com/index.p...ct_detail&p=11
        31- 100% ITrader feedback prior to removal.
        Feedback....http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=209950

Comment

• ramiller
          • Oct 2009

There is a special on 5.56 brass for .03 at [email protected] , he has Lake City and WMA (Winchester 2016) shipping is flat rate, you can have it prepped buy people that offer this service,

Comment

• K31Schmidt
            • Mar 2013

Dick Whiting, he ran center line for CMP. Call and ask if he has some processed ready to sell. I have 06 and 223 just processed by him and I am very happy with the results, all measure just what I would have done.

Mountaineer Brass Processing, Inc
            304-472-1449
            [email protected]

Comment

• SmoothBore870
              • Jul 2015

Occasionally Cabela's has the LC brass they sell under the Federal 5.56 name on sale. If you can get free shipping you may be able to get 1000 new for only ~$30 more to your door. I know that may not help you now, but definitely keep it in mind because although the processed brass is cheap and convenient you never really know for sure what it was shot in. The potential for thinning of the case walls due to being fired in loose machine gun chambers is something to consider.

Post Script Edit: Right now Natchez has 250 LC unprimed brass for $39.99, and free shipping over $100. How does $160 for 1000 new LC cases sound?
              Last edited by SmoothBore870; 06-14-2017, 10:12 PM.
              NRA XTC Master
              CMP XTC Master
              DR #2503 (2020, with Irons)
              DPS 10/30

Comment

• j634
                • Mar 2013

I agree with SmoothBore870 comment. I have reservations about 'once fired'. I know others have used 'once fired' with great success but I feel better starting with new brass where I know the round count.

I have been using Pat's Reloading. He comes to Camp Perry during rifle week and on my last day before I leave, I stop buy his table in Commercial Row and buy another 1000 rounds of new for about $250 to use in the next season.

His current prices for New Military LC UnPrimed .223
                100 $29.99
                500 $135.00
                1,000 $249.99

His web site
                http://www.patsreloading.com/patsrel...category=Brass

Comment

• lyman
                  • Oct 2009

I have, and also know folks that have, bought from this guy with no drama,

http://gibrass.com/brass.html

Comment

• jelenko
                    • Dec 2016

I've used over 20.000 pieces of 223 brass - 80% once fired and 20% new.
                    Much of the once fired made it through 4-5 reloadings, some more, one lot just once.
                    Most of the brass bought new lasts 7 loadings, some more. Some LC09 had multiple case separations starting with the first loading. That said, the new LC brass that I'm using now is has gone through 5 loadings with no problems.
                    At this point, additional brass I get will be new - but bought when there are specials. For example, Natchez is currently running a sale on Fed and Lake City brass for $40/250 or $160/1000.

Comment

Working...
                    X