X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • harveyw1
    • May 2011

1911 purchase eligibility requirements

Will there still be a blanket eligibility standard like retired law enforcement credentials for the 1911s?
  • duke
    • Oct 2009

Eligibility Requirements 1911 Purchase

I have a Small Arms Firing School Certificate signed back when CMP required one to purchase a M1 and i also have a pistol permit will one of these be good Thank You

Comment

• Rick the Librarian
      • Oct 2009

Marsmanship activity - age requirement

I've tried to avoid starting yet ANOTHER thread on the CMP 1911s but can't seem to get a definite answer -- to0 buy most CMP firearms, those of us 60 and older are excused from having to complete a "marksmanship activity". Does anyone "authoritative" know if this will be the case for purchase of a CMP M1911 or not?

Obviously, I'd like to know ahead of time in case I do need to complete an activity.
      "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
      --C.S. Lewis

Comment

• GM1MAN
        • Oct 2014

If I were you, I would shoot an e mail to customer service. They can answer it at their leisure and you will not be tying up their telephones.

You should have your answer in plenty of time before the future mail in date.

Comment

• Rick the Librarian
          • Oct 2009

Yep, a big believer in email vs. the phone. I tried to work it "outside the system" and didn't really get a straight answer. Don't envy the folk at CMP, having to answer all the questions about M1911 sales right now!!
          "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
          --C.S. Lewis

Comment

• eldestbrother
            • May 2012

You got more guns than God Rick : )
            USMC / USN CPO Retired.

Comment

• Rick the Librarian
              • Oct 2009

Picky, picky, picky ... LOL!!

Seriously, I did (sort of) get my question answered - I do have a C&R and the CMP CEO said that a C&R can replace evidence of shooting activity.
              Last edited by Rick the Librarian; 12-12-2017, 07:32 PM.
              --C.S. Lewis

Comment

• Strait
                • May 2010

As proof of participation in a marksmanship activity? Without further details, I would hazard a YES.

I am wondering about the notarized 2A form - can the date of the notarized stamp be earlier than the announcement "to the world" if it is recent (i.e. in 2018) to the announcement? I understand I can't send the paperwork and order in earlier than the announcement, but does a wet notary stamp require a date on (or after) the announcement?

Comment

• edlmann
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Strait View Post
                  I am wondering about the notarized 2A form - can the date of the notarized stamp be earlier than the announcement "to the world" if it is recent (i.e. in 2018) to the announcement? I understand I can't send the paperwork and order in earlier than the announcement, but does a wet notary stamp require a date on (or after) the announcement?
                  They're producing a new form, so you can't do this one before they release the form anyway.
                  A few variations on the black-cat-in-a-dark-room analogy:
                  1. Philosophy is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat.
                  2. Metaphysics is like being in a dark room and looking for a black cat that isn't there.
                  3. Under Marxism, it's like being in a dark room, looking for a black cat that isn't there, and the State announces, "We found it!"

Comment

• Bailey
                    • Aug 2017

Thanks for getting this question up on the forum. Maybe an answer can be posted without a bunch of us swamping the CMP folks with repetitive questions.

Standing by.

Comment

• CadillacMike
                      • Oct 2009

Well HOPEFULLY, the announcement will precede the "first order date" by at least a couple weeks, so everyone has a chance to get their ducks all lined up. I'm thinking that the CMP leadership will do exactly that.

Don't make this harder on yourselves. You're all still reading too much into everything.

I've never seen an announcement made say on the 10th stating that orders will be accepted starting on the 11th.
                      - Registered CMP customer since 2004
                      - LTC USA (Ret)
                      - iTrader 50+ positive feedbacks at 100% before its curtailment
                      - Post your new or old buyer / seller comments here:
                      http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=134567

Comment

• weimar_police
                        • Nov 2012

Mike, I think folks are worrying too much - but there wasn't much time in-between the announcement of that batch of 1500 carbines was there - I simply can't remember
                        Edward Tinker - Co-Author of Police Lugers & Simson Lugers - Veteran Bring Backs Vol 1-4

Comment

• Big_Red
                          Super Moderator
                          • Feb 2013

Ladies and gentlemen,
                          Merged 3 separate threads into this one as all 3 original questions pertained to eligibility requirements...

Originally posted by harveyw1 View Post
                          Will there still be a blanket eligibility standard like retired law enforcement credentials for the 1911s?
                          Originally posted by duke View Post
                          I have a Small Arms Firing School Certificate signed back when CMP required one to purchase a M1 and i also have a pistol permit will one of these be good Thank You
                          Originally posted by Rick the Librarian View Post
                          I've tried to avoid starting yet ANOTHER thread on the CMP 1911s but can't seem to get a definite answer -- to0 buy most CMP firearms, those of us 60 and older are excused from having to complete a "marksmanship activity". Does anyone "authoritative" know if this will be the case for purchase of a CMP M1911 or not?
                          Harvey/Duke/Rick...and FYI/SA for everyone,
                          Working under the premise we are talking specifically about Marksmanship or Other Firearms Related Activity requirements only...
                          As per other posts from Mark (and notwithstanding the FFL requirement), as it stands now, potential purchasers will have to meet the same eligibility requirements that are currently in place, and found here...
                          http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sa...-requirements/

In all 3 of your examples (and for duke, both of your creds would work), you would meet these requirements, assuming you have proof of such.
                          And as you stated Rick, your C&R would also fulfill that requirement.

Remember that you still must meet the separate requirement for Membership in a CMP-Affiliated Organization, for which there is no age waiver.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Strait View Post
                          The key milestone here is when the new order form will be made available, which will be before the 1911s become available for purchase.
                          Once you can print the new order form, you can have it notarized beforehand and the notary will be good for 3 years (assuming your address doesn't change).
                          Then wait for the hallowed announcement date.
                          If the 1911s aren't ready for ordering w/in those 3 years...well, there are obviously bigger problems folks here can and will ponder, parse and pontificate.
                          Proud son of a Vietnam Veteran (1969, 1970) - In memoriam
                          OEF - '02, '08 / OIF - '03, '10 / OND - '11 / OIR/OEF - '15

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544

Comment

• Hunter Mag
                            • Oct 2009

No Ill intended here guys but sending in my birth certificate again and the affiliated group membership again and proof or marksmanship activity again then two nics checks is just too much red tape for me. Does anyone see how ludicrous this is not to mention unconstitutional? I wouldn't be surprised if they required a nics check every 6 months after you owned the 1911.
                            I'm really sorry guys but as much as I like WWI & WWII history and firearms count me out on this one.
                            If my reply here is out of line go ahead and delete it. No offense will be taken.
                            Sadly I just wanted to express my feelings on this issue.
                            Member GCA
                            Before iTrader removal 105 feedback @ 100% positive.
                            Feedback thread.
                            http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ght=hunter+mag

Comment

• Strick
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Hunter Mag View Post
                              No Ill intended here guys but sending in my birth certificate again and the affiliated group membership again and proof or marksmanship activity again then two nics checks is just too much red tape for me. Does anyone see how ludicrous this is not to mention unconstitutional? I wouldn't be surprised if they required a nics check every 6 months after you owned the 1911.
                              I'm really sorry guys but as much as I like WWI & WWII history and firearms count me out on this one.
                              If my reply here is out of line go ahead and delete it. No offense will be taken.
                              Sadly I just wanted to express my feelings on this issue.
                              As stated yesterday different entity/files = new paperwork and not that difficult...

Comment

Working...
                              X