View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyCompany View Post
Thanks sig, Hey pepsi- out of curiosity, which commercial 30-06 are you going with?
Prvi-Partizan 150gr FMJ. The rounds load rough into the enbloc clips, but if you twist the 4 rounds to the left (ie, so the rounds are at a 30 degree angle) and then to the right (bend the rounds back to straight up)they sit in just fine, and then the Garand will feed properly. This is usually a problem with new enbloc clips that don't have much wear under their belt, work enblocs don't have such problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcolarco View Post
The easy and cheap availability of surplus .30-06 is actually a relatively new phenomenon. For a long time governments were hanging on to the stuff. Now it has come, and, apparently, mostly gone. However, even when milsurp was not widely available, I had no trouble feeding my M1s with handloads. Handloads always shot better, anyway.

I have not been thrilled with the accuracy of most milsurp 7.62x51.
I agree, the only ammo my M1A loves is the new mfg Prvi M80 Ball stuff in sealed battle packs. Stuff works like a charm in my M1A, as for a Garand im not sure if it would be right.