View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milprileb View Post
Your love of Varget is certainly noted. There are other powders (as stated in this thread and is the reason for this thread ) that are equal to it for long range precision shooting...or short range for that matter.

Niche as an adjective means having specialized appeal. Varget is just that, mainly because cheer leaders for it always paint it as "The Powder". Well, it is not and this thread throws light on that.

I have made it abundantly clear, even to the most casual observer, that other powders can bring in long range accuracy.

You disagree ? Post a thread stating why Varget is "Best"...otherwise, move on .
No, I don't disagree. I never claimed that Varget was the best. Either you're trying to stir things up (troll), or you have a reading comprehension problem.

For reference, H4895 is within five dollars of the cost of Varget for 8 pounds at Powder Valley. Oddly, they have loads of Varget right now and no H4895. I consider them the reference price for powder. If you're shooting through "47 pounds" of powder a year and you're worried about five dollars in the context of the cost of barrels, bullets, so on, you may not understand the math that well.

When it comes to shooting service rifle or palma rifle, there is really no need to find your own way. Reloading for these disciplines is not really an exercise in creativity. Working up loads in a myriad of powders will not win matches for these disciplines. For my other high quality rifles, I use a variety of powders. Not coincidentally, if I use a powder of correct burn speed, my high-quality rifles shoot. This is how good rifles work.

Last edited by WindLogik; 05-22-2019 at 08:51 PM.