View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 12:26 PM

Default Opinions on this 3-44 Inland M1 Carbine?

Hello all!

This is my first post on the forum, and my first foray into the world of M1 Carbines. I was hoping to get some input from you guys (the experts) on a carbine I recently picked up. I've tried to take a bunch of detailed pics which I have uploaded and notated in an imgur album, which I will include the link to at the end of my post.

The carbine in question in an Inland from March of 1944. I strolled into my local gun shop and spotted this beauty, and although I've the farthest thing from an expert on these things, immediately noticed several early features such as the flip sight, lack of bayonet lug, and push button safety. Checked the price tag expecting to be putting it down in disappointment, but saw it was listed at $799. Was filling out the paperwork minutes later.

I've already typed up most of the details and my observations which you will find along with the pictures in the album, so I'll try to keep it brief here. I mainly would like some input on whether or not you think this looks original, or anything that you notice that may be "off" about it. I'm also trying to ascertain it's value, as I would really like to fire it, but if it turns out to be a collector grade of sorts, I'd hate to risk hurting any value there.

Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to reading your opinions. If you have any questions or require better photos of anything, please feel free to ask.

Here is the link to my album (be warned: somewhat pic heavy)= https://imgur.com/a/ELEW5Wp