Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-29-2017, 11:41 PM
mac1911 mac1911 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,390
Default Help with redfield lyman sight for 10/22

I have a project 10/22 going on and have mounted a match redfield rear sight and a lyman front globe.

What I am trying to find is a lyman or redfield rear match sight that might have a longer "windage" arm
To center the current sight I have adjusted almost to the right all the way leaving my just a little room for right adjustment?




Last edited by mac1911; 09-29-2017 at 11:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-30-2017, 10:21 AM
Jakeroub Jakeroub is online now
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 85
Default

How much more arm length do you need?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-30-2017, 10:55 AM
mac1911 mac1911 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeroub View Post
How much more arm length do you need?
? the center of the sight lines up roughly to the left of the scope base along the 3/8 portion of the rail so a heavy 1/8th inch ?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-30-2017, 12:49 PM
Jakeroub Jakeroub is online now
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 85
Default

Any way that much material could be milled off the mounting piece on the sight (where it contacts the receiver)?

Ive got a Williams sight on my 10/22 that's fits very well, so there is another option
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-30-2017, 01:03 PM
mac1911 mac1911 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,390
Default

Milling more of the mount does not leave much for the sight mounting screw to thread into.
I have Williams sights and they are even more of center and allow less correct over all.
I want the ability to remove the rear sight quickly also.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-04-2017, 08:11 PM
lyman lyman is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 70
Default

what mount are you using?

you could trim down 513 or Winchester 75 sight base and still have enough meat to mount it,

or maybe step up to a Olympic/International rear? they were made for the wider receiver guns like a Win 52 or 40x
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-05-2017, 11:40 PM
mac1911 mac1911 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyman View Post
what mount are you using?

you could trim down 513 or Winchester 75 sight base and still have enough meat to mount it,

or maybe step up to a Olympic/International rear? they were made for the wider receiver guns like a Win 52 or 40x
I have no idea what the mount was for. I had the radius removed from the mount to fit flush on the reciever. If I can find some more mounts to play with and a rear Lyman or Redfield that will center up better I will be happy.
I was glad to see it did not need as much windage so far to center it up and it looks like I will have plenty of elevation for 200 yards.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-06-2017, 03:32 PM
edlmann edlmann is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: lovely downtown Central Florida
Posts: 4,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1911 View Post
I have no idea what the mount was for. I had the radius removed from the mount to fit flush on the reciever. If I can find some more mounts to play with and a rear Lyman or Redfield that will center up better I will be happy.
I was glad to see it did not need as much windage so far to center it up and it looks like I will have plenty of elevation for 200 yards.
Williams sells a setup for the 10/22 for their Target Foolproof, but doesn't the base separately, afaik.
__________________
I love the smell of MRT in the morning - it reminds me of . . . wet canvas."

I'm what you'd call a legend in my own mind.

2071 posts on the old forum - not that I'm counting . . .
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-06-2017, 05:40 PM
Jakeroub Jakeroub is online now
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 85
Default

I can tell you what I have on my 10-22, but won't able to get that information until Tuesday. I think it was specifically for the 10-22, but I believe I paid extra for knobs as opposed to screwdriver adjustment. It was probably 7 years ago, so the details are fuzzy. The only thing I don't like about it is that's made from aluminum rather than steel. I also had to buy an oddball tap, but bought several, if you need one.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-06-2017, 07:54 PM
mac1911 mac1911 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeroub View Post
I can tell you what I have on my 10-22, but won't able to get that information until Tuesday. I think it was specifically for the 10-22, but I believe I paid extra for knobs as opposed to screwdriver adjustment. It was probably 7 years ago, so the details are fuzzy. The only thing I don't like about it is that's made from aluminum rather than steel. I also had to buy an oddball tap, but bought several, if you need one.
Williams put out a FP-10-22 "kit" came with a front globe , front globe base FP rear target sight and base. Although it seemed short lived in kit from.
They now just sell a FP target sight that screws directly to receiver or you use one of the 22/pellet gun sights that mount to the 3/8-11mm rail on the top of the receiver. Which I might try
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.