Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2017, 04:56 PM

Default Dupage M1 Garand bayonets

I have not seen these mentioned here, but FYI Dupage has some interesting bayonets in stock (as of this post). They have Turkish Model 1935 bayonets converted to fit the Garand, for 10 for $100. These have scabbards but are noted as being dented. They also have foreign made M5A1 bayonets (no scabbard) for $10 each. They state these are unmarked, from either Turkey or Korea. Finally they have M1 bayonets from Greece (the EN-US marked version) in very good cond. but no scabbard, for $25.00 each.

I have no connection with Dupage. I bought a few of each of these, but will not have them in hand for a while. I just thought they might be of interest here as the price seems good.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:06 PM

I wouldn't mind having a few of these but dang, I sure don't need 10. LOL

Fortes Fortuna juvat

2nd Bn, 3rd Marines

Buy now worry about later, later.--Bob Moore, 12/10

My feedback thread http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ghlight=dstout 50+ positives before it was destroyed
Old 09-22-2017, 09:36 PM

Yeah, having 1 or 2 of the Turkish model 1935s wouldn't be bad. Definitely don't need 10 though.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:00 AM

I ordered 10 of the Turkish modified Garand Bayos - I only want a couple representative ones for the collection I'll sell the remaining for my costs if anyone wants a couple/few let me know..
Old 09-23-2017, 09:14 AM

I would be in for 1 or 2.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kradschutz View Post
I ordered 10 of the Turkish modified Garand Bayos - I only want a couple representative ones for the collection I'll sell the remaining for my costs if anyone wants a couple/few let me know..
I would take one if you still have any.

Mark
Old 09-27-2017, 02:34 PM

I received my 10 M1 Garand Greek EN-US marked bayonets. First the good. They are mostly the original grey parkerized finish. I only had one out of the 10 that had the black looking Greek re-finish. All had serial numbers on the cross guards.

As far as condition, it is a mixed bag. Most meet the advertised very good. I had two that were closer to excellent condition. But two that were only fair-good condition. So overall, it works out to very good. HOWEVER, if I ordered only one, and got one of the lesser condition pieces, I would be disappointed.

The bad is these bayonets are very greasy! Not the worst I have ever seen, but very messy. It took me quite a while to just do a cursory wipe off of the excess grease. Do not expect a nice clean bayonet.

Overall, having dealt with Dupage several times in the past few years, this is par for the course. They are worth the money IMO (the worst one I got was about like what I received from CMP a couple of years ago) but if your luck of the draw is bad, you may not be happy.

I will post a review of the Turkish M5A1's and mauser conversions when I receive them.

Last edited by slufstuff; 09-27-2017 at 02:41 PM. Reason: correcting wording
Old 10-04-2017, 09:00 AM

I received my Turkish M5A1 and Mauser conversion Garand bayonets. I will start with the good.

The M5A1 bayonets I received were all in very good condition. No rust or excessive wear. They are unusual in having black painted aluminum grips. No markings except for a serial number on the butt. They fit fine in USGI M8A1/M10 scabbards. At $10 each, I consider these a good buy. I hope some more information comes out about how, when and who made these bayonets.

The M1935 Turk Mauser conversion bayonets are very dirty, some greasy as well. No issue with that, as the ad states they are dirty. However several of mine had loose cross guards, which to me is unserviceable condition. I do not mean slightly loose, but flopping around loose. The scabbards were all dented, rusted, heavily worn. Some have loose throats. Out of my 10, only one even approaches good condition. All the rest are fair, with a couple in very poor condition. I will not return these, but will not be ordering any more. I do not consider these, overall, to even be worth $10 each.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:56 AM

Thanks for the update!
Old 10-05-2017, 08:46 AM

Thanks for the update slufstuff!