Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 08:17 PM

I appreciate the link but this was based on a discussion last week concerning rather or not CMP will accept a FFL without the name actually typed on the FFL and either emailed faxed or included in the customers packet. Initially it sounded as if a person could just have their name put in the subject block of the email with the fax attached however based on the discussion CMP 1911 had to get with the staff to determine whether or not they would accept that. Unless I'm missing something in the link posts that you sent this question has not been answered yet. I'm doing this on a phone so please excuse the grammar and misspellings.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkmac View Post
this was based on a discussion last week concerning rather or not CMP will accept a FFL without the name actually typed on the FFL and either emailed faxed or included in the customers packet. Initially it sounded as if a person could just have their name put in the subject block of the email with the fax attached however based on the discussion CMP 1911 had to get with the staff to determine whether or not they would accept that.
Ozarkmac, I think my question was exactly the same as yours. Look here

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....228307&page=16

My post is 160 and then the answer is in post 161. With that being said I was wanting the Monday morning clarification too. After the morning was over, I bothered my dealer for a 3rd time. I asked them to send their FFL again but this time with my name on the actual FFL just in case. Of course now the CMP won't confirm receipt of FFLs. You're supposed to get them from your dealer now. Wish I had known that on my third visit to my dealer. I imagine they'll get the confirmation email, say "So what?" and delete it unless confirmation emails are a thing with FFLs that I don't know about. I went with emailing the FFL because I thought it would make things simpler for the CMP; my name, right there in the title of the email that they have to open to get to the FFL that I will be using. Now I think I should have just asked for a hard copy to put in my actual order.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:32 PM

Default Ffl

They accepted yours via email without your name entered on the FFL so I assume then that they will accept them all that way. Appreciate it!
Old 06-18-2018, 10:01 PM

Arrow Ffl

I guess I was not clear enough:

1. You can include a copy of the FFL with your name on it in your packet.

2. The FFL can Email it to cmp1911ffl@thecmp.org, with your name in subject block. We will acknowlege receipt to whoever sends it.

3. The FFL can fax it to CMP1911 with your name on the copy somewhere. FFL will get a FAX received transmittal

DO NOT CALL or EMAIL asking if we received it. If you don't trust your FFL Holder, ask him to show you how and when he sent it.

MAKE SURE IF THEY EMAIL THE COPY IT GOES TO: cmp1911ffl@thecmp.org.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:10 PM

Default Ffl

That'll work. Thanks CMP1911.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:43 AM

I'll be double and triple checking my packet to ensure it's filled out correctly, but I may be one of the few who are actually hoping they don't get picked for the first group.

After totaling my truck in late May and being forced to buy another, I could use a bit of a break before hopefully winning the 1911 lottery.

SA M1 Garand X2, Shuff's SA M1 Mini-G, Inland M1 'hand stamp' Carbine, NPM M1 Carbine, Remington 03-A3, Ithaca 1911A1

CMP/forum member since April 2005. For the love of all that is holy, if we do business do me a solid and leave feedback. I'll do the same for you.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:20 PM

I'm just hoping I'm on the green side of the grass when my phone rings, whether it's this year, next year or the year after that. Been a tough couple of years here.
And I'm going to be double, triple and fourple checking my packet to be as sure as I can be that everything is correct. If anything, we're learning from others' errors on the packets they mailed before "go-time".
Old 06-22-2018, 10:22 AM

I have several questions. The first one is on CMP 1911 page 1A for FFL shipping address do I need the name of the FFL and address or just the address ( I will be mailing a sign copy of their 01 FFL License with my packet). The second question is I may be on vacation during the time the numbers are generated can I enclosed a cell phone number on a sticky note or something. I don't always have cell phone on while I am at home. Thank you.

Floyd
Old 06-22-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
I have several questions. The first one is on CMP 1911 page 1A for FFL shipping address do I need the name of the FFL and address or just the address ( I will be mailing a sign copy of their 01 FFL License with my packet). The second question is I may be on vacation during the time the numbers are generated can I enclosed a cell phone number on a sticky note or something. I don't always have cell phone on while I am at home. Thank you.

Floyd
I'm not CMP but...

I put the name and address of the FFL on page 1A. I had room since I used adobe and "filled" in the information on the computer instead of handwritten. Hopefully CMPadmin will give a definitive answer.

From the CMP 1911 page, "The customerís sequence number will be sent to the individual via email once such sequence number is established". So you do not need your phone handy until they start calling to ask which grade you want to purchase.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:53 PM

I apricate the information. I am trying to fill out the forms correctly. Again thanks for all the help.

Floyd
Closed Thread