Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2019, 10:00 PM

I arrived at the store around 2:15 CST and picked up two rifles today. A Remington 3.34 million M1903 modified with a serialized bolt body matching the receiver. The barrel is a replacement SA 3-44. The inspector was “11” not Mr. Beard.

Also picked up an all Eddystone m1917. Overall a great haul today. I need to post pictures and take off the hand guard on the Remington M1903 to see if it has the vice marks on the barrel.

Last edited by mrhunt14; 10-03-2019 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:45 AM

Default Friday opening report

There were 11 customers at opening and all racks were full. Most interested seemed to be 1903/M1917ís.

Armors today are Bobby, Ellyn and Ben.

UPDATE: I need to make a couple corrections to my AUCTION post from yesterday which I have also undated on my original post from yesterday. This very nice Daisy Air Rifle camouflage paint designed was designed by CMP employee MATT CARROLL and hand painted by him. ALL processes from the auction will be donated, 100%. Whoever posted this information to Facebook, great idea, please send me a PM so I can ensure you got the updated information. There has been NO bids since my first post yesterday!!! You guys need to knock the dust off your wallets and let the moths out and DONATE to this great cause....

M1917, 7, mix of Eddystone and Remington, didnít see any WRAís.

1903, 10.

SA SG 11/ FG 11

WRA SG 8/ FG 11.

IHC SG 3/ FG 3.

CMP Specials, 5.

Other rifles remain about the same.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
...CMP has a beautiful pink camouflaged (designed and hand painted by CMP Employee MATT CARROLL) Daisy Air Rifle up for auction in support of cancer awareness, October 1-31th) at South Store, North Store and Auction site in support of American Cancer Society. The rifles were build by Jeff and Ellyn Knight, owners of Cheaha Armory, who did a great job and it will make some little girl a great gift. Rob30-06 and I have started the bidding, currently at 250.00 and I hope others will support this great cause while in the stores or by contacting CMP with your bid. 100% of the money will be donated by the CMP..... Don’t be shy, bid NOW..... Rob30-06 will post photo... Also very good selection of CMP PINK t-shirts available, so when you buy yourself a rifle you can tell wife/girlfriend you were thinking about them and want to give them a gift!!!
There is also an auction for a M1 Garand. It should be in the SS very soon.

Initial opening bid is $650!

Last edited by hogfamily; 10-04-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:27 PM

I got a 4.2 Springfield w/ and HRA barrel. The main reason I bought it was the slant cut WRA op rod (small relief cut), WRA trigger group, IHC rear wind age knob and IHC front sight.

Pics later.

Fortes Fortuna juvat

2nd Bn, 3rd Marines

Buy now worry about later, later.--Bob Moore, 12/10

My feedback thread http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ghlight=dstout 50+ positives before it was destroyed
Old 10-04-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
There were 11 customers at opening and all racks were full. Most interested seemed to be 1903/M1917ís.

Armors today are Bobby, Ellyn and Ben.

UPDATE: I need to make a couple corrections to my AUCTION post from yesterday which I have also undated on my original post from yesterday. This very nice Daisy Air Rifle camouflage paint designed was designed by CMP employee MATT CARROLL and hand painted by him. ALL processes from the auction will be donated, 100%. Whoever posted this information to Facebook, great idea, please send me a PM so I can ensure you got the updated information. There has been NO bids since my first post yesterday!!! You guys need to knock the dust off your wallets and let the moths out and DONATE to this great cause....

M1917, 7, mix of Eddystone and Remington, didnít see any WRAís.

1903, 10.

SA SG 11/ FG 11

WRA SG 8/ FG 11.

IHC SG 3/ FG 3.

CMP Specials, 5.

Other rifles remain about the same.

Tom/PH68
How much were the M1917 rifles?
Thanks Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2019, 01:59 PM

Thank you for the update. I’m making the drive from Beaumont, Tx, and going to swing by tomorrow morning!
Old 10-04-2019, 02:03 PM

Thank you Tom for your help today with picking out a 1903 rifle.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewj View Post
tom/ph68
how much were the m1917 rifles?
Thanks jim

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
700.00-750.00.. Fg/sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboston19 View Post
Thank you for the update. Iím making the drive from Beaumont, Tx, and going to swing by tomorrow morning!
I was stationed in Beaumont in 1969 after returning from Vietnam as a USMC Instructor-Inspector for an Infantry Reserve Unit while recovering from wounds... Great town and great times...

Last edited by Big_Red; 10-05-2019 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Combine consecutive posts
Old 10-04-2019, 03:27 PM

Default Friday Closing Report

There were 50 rifles present at closing. There were a couple small restocks.

The second rifle for the auction has arrived. It is a pink camouflaged M1, again well done by Cheaha Armory. All processes from the auction will be donated. Rob30-06 will post a photo. Current bid is 650.00 on the M1. Bids will be excepted until October 31st. Donate to a great cause....

M1917, 2.

1903, 3

WRA SG 8/ FG 6. Several with WRA barrels.

SA SG 9/ FG 8

IHC SG 6/ FG 4

Other rifles remain about the same

Old 10-04-2019, 04:01 PM

Today my son Travis and I had the honor to meet in person Mr. Charlie Brown.

Mr Brown helped my son and I with invaluable information on which of several M1 we were looking at that would be a good purchase. With his help we decided on a very nice '42 WRA with several WRA parts including a bolt and a slant uncut op-rod. The stock is a nice USGI with some grunge that is hiding a beautiful pattern that will look excellent when cleaned up.

The M1 was also Tom approved. Can't beat that! Two of the most knowledgeable M1 experts giving an M1 their approval!

A while back Mr Brown also helped Travis and I with some suggestions on the CMP AMC, (that we completed this week), that really helped us get the most out of the class.

In conversation with Mr Brown I mentioned that Travis's birthday was a few days ago and Mr Brown presented him with beautiful knife that he had engraved a M1 on the blade. Beautiful! He gave me an awesome M1 Garand coffee cup.

Mr. Brown, you sir, are truly a class act. Thank you for spending time with us.

Last edited by hogfamily; 10-04-2019 at 05:02 PM.