Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2022, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton1776 View Post
Hello and welcome to the forum. I just picked up 2 racks last week that were delivered to my local NY FFL. As of now any semi-automatic rifle will need buyer to have a permit to purchase or posses.There are probably going to be exepmtions for some firearms. My FFls' state police contacts are telling him its gonna be some type of purchase card. In NY the NICS/backround check has been performed by NYS Police, now it may switch to federal Nics check. Hopefully NY new law doesnt affect garands or the CMPs ability to ship to NY FFLs'.
Hi and thank you for the information. Hopefully we get some more information soon. I hope getting this new license or purchase card is as simple as amending my CCW and not a whole new application. Right now amendments are a 5 to 7 day turn around. Onondaga County Pistol License new application appointments are backed up to the end of July 2023.

Thanks
Dave
Old 08-06-2022, 04:36 PM

Welcome Fellow (local) NYer! Im right up the street in Waterloo. Are you familiar with JPW?
Old 08-06-2022, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleNovice51 View Post
Welcome Fellow (local) NYer! Im right up the street in Waterloo. Are you familiar with JPW?
Hi, and thank you. Glad we found this forum and such friendly people. We get to the Waterloo area from time to time. I know JPW does steel construction and fabrication and probably a whole lot more. I have been working in tech support and customer support for about 30 + years now.
Old 08-07-2022, 08:35 AM

Welcome Dave - NY, T

As you have seen it's a very warm and helpful group here!
You will access to hundreds of years of REAL firearm knowledge and little or no baloney. At least six members have helped me out with good solid information!

I lived in NYC and then in Putnam county NY. We escaped about 25 years ago! Our home tax's was $5500 at the time, - $9200 as of last time we checked. I'm paying under $2500 now for a bigger home and 3x more land ! If you can join us outside of NYS,CALIF. and other hi tax states! Hard on legal gun owners and soft on crime! In our case very happy in the Augusta GA. area.
A simple $76 back-round check, and you can get your concealed carry license with in two weeks! I apply yearly for access to Ft. Gordon Sportsman Club as a civilian, were you can shoot out to 1000 yards.

broomhandle

Last edited by broomhandle; 08-07-2022 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-09-2022, 03:11 AM

May want to try to buy before the law goes into effect as you’ll be grandfathered in, otherwise you’ll have to wait for licensing rules to be established. Shouldn’t be bad for you, downstate a lot of people are scrambling to purchase whatever semiauto rifles they wanted.
Old 08-09-2022, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH2103 View Post
May want to try to buy before the law goes into effect as you’ll be grandfathered in, otherwise you’ll have to wait for licensing rules to be established. Shouldn’t be bad for you, downstate a lot of people are scrambling to purchase whatever semiauto rifles they wanted.
Agreed. I am hoping to secure something before the new law goes into effect on Sept 3. I'm keeping an eye on the for sale or trade section. There is always the possibility of an injunction or Onondaga County making the semi-auto amendment process for CCW holders really quick and easy easy. Who knows, maybe the North Store will be open on 08/21 or 08/27 - 08/28 . Looking for an 30-06 expert grade or a really good shooter for my son and I to practice with and maybe enjoy some matches and clinics next year at Camp Perry.

Thanks Dave

Last edited by Dave_NY; 08-09-2022 at 06:42 PM.