Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2011, 02:17 PM

Default Danish ammo

I'm trying to make a decision.I can get Danish ammo on clips in bandoleers for 3.25 an 8 round clip.Should I buy this or get the greek on clips from CMP at 4.38 a clip.I know you can't reload the Danish and can the greek.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:05 PM

Is this Danish ammo a local thing or can it be ordered on line?
Old 04-10-2011, 09:37 PM

It's just a guy that has a couple of bandoleers for sale.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:50 PM

JMHO, but if your going to buy ammo, buy what you can get in a sufficient quantity so that you can zero the rifle and then be able to use the rifle in either range or target shooting. The Danish M-2 is good ammo. But if it is not in a sufficient quantity, it is just a curiosity. The HXP M-2 is in my rifles extremely accurate. It gives perfect function and on target results. And the casings are reloadable, which is a real plus when you consider the initial cost of ammo. HTH. Sincerely. bruce.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce View Post
JMHO, but if your going to buy ammo, buy what you can get in a sufficient quantity so that you can zero the rifle and then be able to use the rifle in either range or target shooting. The Danish M-2 is good ammo. But if it is not in a sufficient quantity, it is just a curiosity. The HXP M-2 is in my rifles extremely accurate. It gives perfect function and on target results. And the casings are reloadable, which is a real plus when you consider the initial cost of ammo. HTH. Sincerely. bruce.
that is really good advice. but if you can get the stuff in quantity, I would stack it deep, haha. if we are just talking a couple of bandos- you are relegating highly accurate ammo to plinking fodder and should pay accordingly. Might be better to let someone who has the similar lot add more to their cache and build up your own 'brand' consistently.

Boy I wish I could buy those deep green wooden crates of AMA headstamped rounds for what I had them shipped to me back in the early 2000s. SWEET!

That is truly the one catgeory /type/brand of ammo I really regret not buying tons of
Old 04-10-2011, 10:13 PM

there's a local guy around here with a full green wooden crate of the ama asking $550. i don't recall how many rds but i thought that was a lot for box of ammo.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:55 PM

Mike 139 is right on. AMA was excellent ammo when it was available. It is however non-reloadable. I would buy it again without question.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:45 PM

Good stuff. I still have and use the wooden crate mine came in. Too bad the ammo's long gone...
Old 04-12-2011, 05:23 AM

I think I'm still sitting on 5+ crates of that .30cal awesomeness.....
Old 04-12-2011, 01:21 PM

There was a guy online, who used to have a 48- or 60- (depending on whether it was in 5-round strippers on 8-round M1 clips) bandoleers of Danish AMA - virtually brand-new for $20 SHIPPED back in the early 2000s. I used to buy one or two a month and had quite a few saved up. Then, I moved in 2007 and one of the guys working on my new house apparently decided he needed it more than I did and it all disappeared. I still have about 300 rounds of Danish in those 30-rd. boxes but it still makes me mad!!

Last edited by Rick the Librarian; 04-12-2011 at 01:29 PM.