Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2020, 10:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to xd9x19

Anybody gotten "The Call" after moving and having a change of address? The info in the FAQ says they'll take the updated information at the time of the call, but I was wondering if I need to have my DL updated to actually show my new address. I have updated my address with my state, so their electronic records will show my new address, but do I actually need to have the physical license updated with the new address? Getting that done may take some time with all this covid stuff going on.

I'm estimating it will be late July or August when they get to my just-over-15,000 RGN, so I do have some time to work with if I need to go into the DL station and get a new one with my new address.
Old 05-21-2020, 10:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd9x19 View Post
Anybody gotten "The Call" after moving and having a change of address? The info in the FAQ says they'll take the updated information at the time of the call, but I was wondering if I need to have my DL updated to actually show my new address. I have updated my address with my state, so their electronic records will show my new address, but do I actually need to have the physical license updated with the new address? Getting that done may take some time with all this covid stuff going on.

I'm estimating it will be late July or August when they get to my just-over-15,000 RGN, so I do have some time to work with if I need to go into the DL station and get a new one with my new address.
For address change....
Quote:
Any change of address on the order form automatically will require a new notarized Universal Purchaser Certification and Agreement.
https://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/ordering-information/
Old 05-21-2020, 01:04 PM

Default DL

Yes we need a copy of your DL reflecting your new address. We have to have proof that it is you and you did move.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
Yes we need a copy of your DL reflecting your new address. We have to have proof that it is you and you did move.
Hmmm, I received my call today and I have also moved since the original order. I was only told to fill out the 1A-3 forms with new notary but wasn't told about any DL copy. Should I also include a copy of my DL with the updated forms just to be safe?
Old 05-22-2020, 06:40 AM

Yes
Old 05-22-2020, 10:32 AM

My wifes rgn number is coming up soon. The original FFL dealer closed down so we found a new one. We have the new FFL number and info, should she submit it now or wait for the call?
Old 05-22-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREISLAND View Post
My wifes rgn number is coming up soon. The original FFL dealer closed down so we found a new one. We have the new FFL number and info, should she submit it now or wait for the call?
I would recommend sending it now, will prevent a delay in the process. I sent a note to my FFL just this morning since I'm now a little over 300 away, asking if what he sent in Sep '18 is still current and if not to send in his updated one.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREISLAND View Post
From the 1911 FAQ page.....
Quote:
8. What if my FFL info, club affiliation, marksmanship proof, address has changed or expired since I submitted my order packet?

A: If your information has changed (you have moved, your club affiliation expired and you updated it, or your FFL has gone out of business), please DO NOT CONTACT US.
You will be given the opportunity to update us when your number is selected and we contact you.
https://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=237527
Old 05-22-2020, 11:54 AM

Have them submit a copy of the new FFL with your name on it. They can fax or email it.