Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2020, 12:46 PM

Default Fulton armory M2 bipod repro and flash hider vs muzzle brake

Hi,
Two questions for ya'll: Has anyone purchased an reproduction M2 bipod from Fulton Armory? They are very inexpensive ($69). Is this a worthwhile purchase? It mentions it may mar the surface of the gas cylinder. Can these be installed with some kind of thin material between bipod and cylinder as to not mar the cylinder?
I have both a SAI muzzle brake for Kalifornia and a GI flash hider. Do switching between the two change the accuracy or zero? I know there is sometimes an issue with the small diameter GI flash hider. I definitely don't want to take the rifle hunting with a brake on it. I'm embarrassed to say I haven't shot this weapon in decades but will begin again soon. It also has a crappy scope mount on it. Gotta do something about that too.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:02 PM

I own a Fulton and a USGI and while the USGI is far more expensive, you do get what you pay for. The finish and fit on the Fulton is acceptable, but the GI feels more robust and the production quality is better. I purchased mine to go on an M14E2 clone for cosmetic purposes I don’t have any range time with the bipod on, but I am pretty certain it will worsen the accuracy because it mounts to the gas system.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:05 PM

M2 bipods come in three categories...

$350-500 USGI. These will have the part number on them, possibly a DAS.

$125-175 WMI. Wayne Machine Industries in Taiwan. Good copy. Sold by SAI.

Under $100 are Chinese copies of the copy. Not good for much besides a display, at a distance.

Sometimes you can find a bipod that was assembled from spare USGI parts. These were made and sold in the late '70s and '80s. They are usually considerably less than true USGI issue bipods.