Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2020, 11:53 AM

I agree on the other non-early features choices they are over priced.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeks View Post
Are they the real deal or high quality put togethers. Buyers know the Ethiopian carbines are legitimate. There have been some nice early features showing up from what I have seen.
There are originals out there. Sometimes it takes years to turn one up and sometimes they come in spurts. If your homework is done it's obvious when you find one. This is an argument that has been hashed out on forums many times before. And typically there is no changing a mind made up. That's ok, everyone has to make decisions based on what they know. Some will be successful and others not.
Old 06-07-2020, 04:44 PM

I am tempted to buy one of RTI's early features carbines but still trying to talk myself out of it.From the pictures most people are posting of the early feature only without the extra hundred dollars for a specific manufacturer it seems they get an Inland or Standard Products rifle. Seems like RTI knows this game and you are being upcharged from every angle.
Old 06-07-2020, 04:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mike in NC

Inland made about half or more of all the carbines, so yes, those will be the most common to be found. Standard Products may not have the same "sex appeal" as Rock-Ola, but they are almost as rare as Rock-Ola carbines. Standard Products are frustrating if you want to restoration of a mixmaster because of the production numbers on the bolt, slide, and trigger housing (for all but late ones).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railsplitter View Post
I am tempted to buy one of RTI's early features carbines but still trying to talk myself out of it.From the pictures most people are posting of the early feature only without the extra hundred dollars for a specific manufacturer it seems they get an Inland or Standard Products rifle. Seems like RTI knows this game and you are being upcharged from every angle.
Old 06-07-2020, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotSnlB28 View Post
There are originals out there. Sometimes it takes years to turn one up and sometimes they come in spurts. If your homework is done it's obvious when you find one. This is an argument that has been hashed out on forums many times before. And typically there is no changing a mind made up. That's ok, everyone has to make decisions based on what they know. Some will be successful and others not.
A lot of early features all the time on GB and they are not RTI.
Old 06-07-2020, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeks View Post
A lot of early features all the time on GB and they are not RTI.
Originals do pop up on GB from time to time but there are a ton of rebuilds, restorations, and fake parts to sort through. And there are sellers known to repeatedly sell that junk at top dollar.
Old 06-07-2020, 07:00 PM

I'm pretty happy with my early features standard products. Import stamp or not. I know she is the real deal.
Old 06-07-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det. Jason 714 View Post
I'm pretty happy with my early features standard products. Import stamp or not. I know she is the real deal.
I agree. Real Deal.

Sometimes it seems like there are more early features on GB for sale than rebuilds.
Old 06-07-2020, 08:13 PM

This thread is still lacking pictures.