Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2019, 09:03 PM

Default Live Free or Die

Checking in from NH. Received my very first CMP Garand this week and couldn't be more pleased. From the day they received my order until the day FedEx delivered was a mere 12 days. A Feb 44 Springfield, SN# 2576097 with milled trigger guard, lock bar sights and what I believe is Feb 44 barrel wrapped in beautiful, new CMP wood. Receiver has that grayish-green tint and the stamping appears to have some wear from 75 years of duty, somewhere. Light pitting of the receiver just above the woodline. It has character. Muzzle is 2+ and Throat is 3. I'll try to break it down this weekend, learn more about its components and get some pictures to share with the forum. I truly regret not buying a Garand sooner which seems to be the common refrain among the first-timers here. Look forward to participating in the community and getting her out to the range to do what she was made for; shooting.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:26 PM

Excellent! Welcome to the addiction.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:50 AM

Welcome Nutmegger, congratulations on your first M1. Sounds like a beauty, hope you can post some pictures so we can all enjoy it with you. Regards,Eddie
Old 11-08-2019, 08:36 AM

Welcome Nutmegger,

I'm sure you will enjoy meeting the fine group here!
I have had a chance to meet a few in person at gunshows or a match. ALL are very helpful people!

This hobby can become a serious addiction or a storage problem.This is your SECOND WARNING!

Collecting American firearms can make you poor. The wife or husband will not understand your NEED for just one more rifle. The other spouse NEEDS a new couch or the home painted. It will make your lunch at work smaller! In my case a Coke & a bag of popcorn. Took a while, but the guns are in the safe now.
I have kept my weight down to what the DR thinks it should be so it's ALL GOOD! LOL

Enjoy life,
broom

Last edited by broomhandle; 11-08-2019 at 08:40 AM.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:37 PM

Welcome, Nutmegger! If you really want to have fun, get a Curio and Relic FFL! With that, you can order certain firearms online and depending on your state's laws, have them delivered to your front door. I know, I got mine about 12 years ago and my checkbook shows it.I've been able to purchase many pieces of history. Of course, I like the M-1 Garands purchased from the CMP!