Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Auction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
I will second this.... Being a frequent visitor to the store I see daily that the staff is continually answering the photo and answering the same questions which are clearly posted on CMP website.
Yep, like the people that call up and ask for descriptions of the different grades or, even worse, directions on how to get to the store.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by navynambu View Post
I called Anniston spent 23 minutes on hold yesterday for absolutely nothing, for about the first 15 minutes I was always told by the recording I was caller #2 and estimated hold time is about 3 minutes, later said I slipped to caller # 7 with no explanation, after 23 minutes on hold went to someone's voice mail. WTF. Extremely poor customer service.
More like poor customers and wannabe customers---those incapable or unwilling to do five minutes of research on their own---calling about the damn 1911s. Not trying to minimize your frustration at not being able to get an answer to a legitimate question, just offering the possibility that this is nothing that CMP has any control over.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tester19 View Post
Possibly the best idea/suggestion to solve this problem yet!
It's already in place - the menu greeting for Anniston already has a menu option for 1911 information - you hit "8" for 1911 information. Very clear message saying they have no information other than what is on the web site.

Honestly, I think this is a weak excuse (if it is the explanation) for not returning calls or emails. Must be something else going on...
Old 01-12-2018, 01:47 PM

I don't think you truly realize how many messages are pouring in and how small the staff truly is.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:37 PM

The phone system is a travesty. I was calling to see why my estore order was apparently ignored. For an entity that gets it's valuable inventory for FREE, not to spend the rather nominal money to have full competence in customer service, including a proper phone system, demonstrates very poor management skills. Orest, where are you when America needs You????
Old 01-12-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranehunter View Post
I don't think you truly realize how many messages are pouring in and how small the staff truly is.

This and also:
-the CMP is and should be focused on Marksmanship training in the form of matches etc. It isn't nor should it become a retail outlet.

-the rifles and now pistols are a means of generating money for the stated purpose of marksmanship training, not for creating a more customer friendly buying experience.

-As a "shooter" I don't mind waiting for things. They run ALOT of matches and have been more than happy with them.

-the inventory wasn't free at all..............they paid for every rifle there have got: storage, repair, managing the calls emails etc. The "PI" rifles were paid for from start to finish..................

-They are swamped right now with: the 1911's, PI M1's, 2018 match preparations and all the harassing calls about the first two.

I've been very happy with their work and wouldn't change a thing......................

Last edited by Gewehr43; 01-12-2018 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:50 PM

PS........... in other words........
between having the CMP staff work on grading rifles and getting the Nationals ready for the 2018 season

OR

having the CMP staff worry about phone calls and wait times for questions that are already answered on the website.................

The first all the way........................
Old 01-12-2018, 04:22 PM

I've dealt with CMP staff on and off for 10+ years, including during some previous totally crazy "crunch times". They have always been polite and responsive, very reasonable, and would let me know if it would be a bit before I heard back.

But not this time - I've never before had multiple email and phone messages regarding a pending order ignored for 5 days.

Ah well, nothing to do but wait and hope it gets sorted out. I'm sure there is a good explanation.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckin-on View Post
I've dealt with CMP staff on and off for 10+ years, including during some previous totally crazy "crunch times". They have always been polite and responsive, very reasonable, and would let me know if it would be a bit before I heard back.

But not this time - I've never before had multiple email and phone messages regarding a pending order ignored for 5 days.

Ah well, nothing to do but wait and hope it gets sorted out. I'm sure there is a good explanation.
FWIW:
I have the same issue going on............. won an auction....... didn't get the "winner" email, etc.
I just sent my paperwork in.........................
Old 01-12-2018, 07:14 PM

Look, here is the answer that some are looking for: Have Patience! I have not had a negative experience with the folks at CMP Customer Service, including my recent post about the excellent service received on my year old M-1 Carbine.

E mail works best.

Last edited by GM1MAN; 01-13-2018 at 08:42 AM.