Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2018, 12:56 PM

Default Garand Match

After reading the thread about the Roosevelt match and vintage sniper match conflicting schedules, it got me thinking. How long does it take to get through the Garand match? More specifically if I shoot in the AM relay, would I have time to shoot the vintage match in the afternoon? This is my first time at Perry and I don't know how long it takes to get around or go through the course
Old 07-17-2018, 01:33 PM

Yes, many competitors will shoot AM and PM. It does make for a long day in the sun. Relays typically take around one hour each, so think 8 to 9 hours. The tight shedule with the Roosevelt and Sniper match is unusual but can easily be managed if CMP helps.....of course they did create the problem. ... Good Shooting. ...

Last edited by ceresco; 07-17-2018 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceresco View Post
Yes, many competitors will shoot AM and PM. It does make for a long day in the sun. Relays typically take around one hour each, so think 8 to 9 hours. The tight shedule with the Roosevelt and Sniper match is unusual but can easily be managed if CMP helps.....of course they did create the problem. ... Good Shooting. ...
Thank you sir. I just wanted to make sure I could shoot both the Garand and the vintage match Saturday. I work outside so I might have an advantage over my "office" competors.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:00 AM

The unknown is always there:
One year we had an idiot hit himself in the head with a target frame. Took and hour delay to evacuate him and then restart.

Always the fool boater in impact areas at Viale.

At 65 y/o I'm less tolerant of the long days in the sun and heat of August in Ohio.
Old 07-21-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhusker View Post
The unknown is always there:
One year we had an idiot hit himself in the head with a target frame. Took and hour delay to evacuate him and then restart.

Always the fool boater in impact areas at Viale.

At 65 y/o I'm less tolerant of the long days in the sun and heat of August in Ohio.

Yep thats about it.. always something