Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2016, 11:47 AM

Default M1 22

jimp223,thank you for the info on these 22 M1s.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:34 AM

Default 22 Garand

I got to see one of these today at a local gun show.
It had beautiful wood grain and had a good feel to it as far as heft,it wasn't toy like which I liked very much.Price was $ 689. I was very tempted and asked my usual how well do they shoot? Answer was typical of dealer types,great with no factual proof or experience.
No sale,not because of price or product but just the guys attitude and line of crap.I took as an omen that this guy was preying on some unsuspecting soul.
I am still in the market,maybe at Tulsa.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:31 PM

Good buddy bought one and had to send it back. Jammed on every type of ammo used. Got it back and he has yet to try it. He likes it, but sending back a brand new gun always twists my nuts..
Old 03-21-2017, 08:42 AM

it is a ruger 10-22 receiver and initially jammed a lot but it is getting better as i fire it. it is accurate. i have not set down to get really serious sighting it in just mainly getting it to function perfectly but it is hitting center at 25. once it smooths itself out i will take it out further. I have read from others on other forums that they are getting 1/2 inch moa and from my just getting it experience i believe them
Old 03-21-2017, 11:19 AM

had time to try again, loaded it with CCI high velocity instead of winchester like i had been doing and fired 20 rounds without a single problem.
Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM

let my daughter who never shoots fire it and she hit a scrub oak at 30 yards and she it it fine, my son who is 11 took it and without even making proper hold or alignment hit the scrub oak every time firing rapidly. the oak is less than 1/2 inch diameter. he was impressed how well it shoots without an effort.