Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2017, 08:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
Hello, I pick up my first and only Garand a few years back. I have always wanted to stop by the North Store on my way through the area, but it never was during store hours. As luck would have it I am passing through in a few weeks when the store will open. My intent is to just look around. I am sure that I won't be able to fight the urge to take something home once I am there.
My question is what do I need for in person rifle purchase at the North Store? I plan on having my driver's license, passport, and Garland Collector's Association Membership Card. Is there anything else I am not thinking of.

Thank you in advance,

Dave
If you have not bought from CMP before you will also need a proof of marksmanship....carry permit will work.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:30 PM

yooper,

Thanks for the fast reply. I will add CC permit to my list of thing to bring along.

Thanks!

Dave
Old 03-02-2017, 08:32 PM

Got it......thanks Shomway
Old 03-18-2017, 11:54 PM

I bought my 6.09 Mil today as a birthday present to myself, since tomorrow is my birthday! I believe the SA receiver was made in 1957, which I like, because that's year I was born. The price was $1,200 plus tax.

They still had one rack pretty much full on both sides, but mine was the only one with a barrel that measured 0 ME and 1 TE. The rifle has a very late Springfield barrel (March 1967), so it may be an excellent shooter. If it is, it will replace my June 1944 M1 at the JCM this Summer. NOTE: There were several others there with a 1 or 1+ ME and a 1 or 2 TE with GI stocks. Most had an ME of 2 and a TE of 2 or 3. Some of the stocks were pretty good with readable cartouches, while others were a little worn but I didn't see any that were bad.

I just disassembled mine tonight and found that it's a mix of Springfield and IHC parts but mostly SA and several of the parts are WWII vintage, including the IHC Op Rod. All of the parts seem to be in great condition. The barrel and the gas cylinder look pristine and fortunately, I just happen to have an unissued and correct SA bolt, that I purchased at Camp Perry last July during the JCM Matches. I wish it would have come with a GI stock but I settled for a new CMP one, because I couldn't pass up the pristine SA March of 1967 barrel on this rifle. The only disappointment is that I detected a hairline crack in the gas plug, so I'll be in touch with the CMP about a replacement next week.

I've never been to the store this time of year but it was great. When my brother and I walked in there was only one other customer and by the time we left, only 4 more customers showed up. There was absolutely zero wait time! No long lines like you see in the Summer.

I didn't take a count of HRAs but I do recall that one rack was pretty much full with Collector Grade and Correct Grade rifles. One rack was close to full with 6 Mil Garands and there were two racks of CMP specials with CMP stocks and Criterion Barrels for $830. There were also some Drill Rifles there. I picked up one of them just to look at the usable parts and found it had an NM marked Op Rod. This made me wonder about the remaining dollar value of usable parts still left on it. IN the end though, I was very happy to walk out of there with my 6 Mil, which is my first CMP Garand.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:49 PM

Hello,

Do they include a hard shell case with the purchase at the north store, or is it best to bring along a case?

Dave
Old 03-19-2017, 07:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
Hello,

Do they include a hard shell case with the purchase at the north store, or is it best to bring along a case?

Dave
The green hard case is included. Actually nice too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CMP-Rifle-Ha...item237f6482d7
Old 03-19-2017, 08:00 PM

Great! Thanks for the fast reply Shomway
Old 03-21-2017, 05:06 PM

Has anybody looked at the m1c's while they were there? Im looking for one with a solid barrel and un numbered base.
Thanks
Old 03-24-2017, 07:22 PM

I guess no one has been to the NS this week?
Old 03-24-2017, 08:07 PM

They're not admitting it (?)