Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2017, 11:30 AM

I have a Kahr-made AO. Nice pistol and these USGI mags run just fine in it. All things considered I might have liked the older Springfield GI model but it's not offered anymore.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgman View Post
Gentlemen, GI magazines have what is referred to as "GI feed lips".Sec hey work just fine with ball ammo. However, the GI feed lips give a late release of the cartridge from the magazine relative to magazines with "hybrid feed lips". Most OE magazines have hybrid feed lips since they work much better when using JHP or wadcutter ammo. Just a word to the wise. Rick
I tested my ten with 200 rounds of mixed ammo. consisting of 230gr jhp, 185gr. Swc. And 230gr. Ball. They were right from the paper to my back yard and so far have had zero issues from my colt 1911.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM913 gela View Post
I purchased several CMP mags in 2016 (was planning to order more) with the hope of a 1911 model being released by CMP early in 2017. Not going to wait, plan to make a purchase of a new 1911-type 45 cal this year. Any recommendations on new market handguns that I will be able to use the USGI mags purchased from CMP? Any functioning issues experienced? If and when the 1911s are released I will put in a chance for one. But have been looking at several 38, 45 and 9mm now.
If it helps I haven't had a single problem with CMP GI mags in my Colt 1991 or my Springfield MilSpec. I ordered 10 last year and just received my 10 for this year. I shoot FMJ RN and cast lead RN only though.