Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > Site Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2020, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Default The CMP has discovered a cut and paste error in previous announcements!

The CMP has discovered a cut and paste error in the previous announcements on the CMP 1911 web page. If you have already purchased a 1911 - you are NOT eligible at this time.

Find information here: https://thecmp.org/sales-and-service/1911-information/
Old 11-25-2020, 01:10 PM

yes, thats a shame - I really wanted a field grade
Old 11-25-2020, 03:49 PM

Default error

Yea me too, but what the hay, at least the hoarders / resellers don't get another just to make a profit and someone that really wants one that missed the first round may get one. Just me 2 cents.
Old 11-25-2020, 04:44 PM

I have waited for two years now for the second round announcements and for them to tell us two years later when all the other orders have been filled and its time for us to make our second purchase seems very unfair, They had two years to catch this ummm Mistake. And reverse it,To tell us were not getting our chance to buy our second .45 seems very unfair. I waited a long time for this opportunity checking the page very often so I did not miss out on the second round. Its very sad how they are handling this.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Deuce View Post
I have waited for two years now for the second round announcements and for them to tell us two years later when all the other orders have been filled and its time for us to make our second purchase seems very unfair, They had two years to catch this ummm Mistake. And reverse it,To tell us were not getting our chance to buy our second .45 seems very unfair. I waited a long time for this opportunity checking the page very often so I did not miss out on the second round. Its very sad how they are handling this.
Pretty sure 1911 sales have always been advertised as one per lifetime. Not sure why you thought you’d get to buy another

Last edited by SEANinMICH; 11-25-2020 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-25-2020, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEANinMICH View Post
Pretty sure 1911 sales have always been advertised as one per lifetime. Not sure why you thought you’d get to buy another
He got the idea because it said it in writing on the CMP 1911 page.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Tom View Post
And in more than one place there are plenty of other places it says it too, I have just been waiting for a couple years to buy another after all previous orders were filled, then it was supposed to be back open to us all again. Its ok I got my family member taken care of my Vet is fine,. I gave mine up which is the right thing to do in this situation .And I can live with it he is happy he served our country thru two wars and thats the least I can do to make him happy. I good. Ill just call it a learning experience. Maybe one day they really will open up the purchases again to people who have bought one and I will have a shot at getting a replacement. I'm really going to miss it though truthfully. Its ok though. What's important is he got his .45.Thats what matters at this point.I can buy one thats not a cmp online on Gunbroker or someplace
Old 11-27-2020, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Tom View Post
from CMP 1911 page July 2020:

1. If you have already purchased a 1911 either through the RGN process or the Auction site, YOU CAN NOT PURCHASE ANOTHER 1911.
Old 11-25-2020, 04:46 PM

They should Honor what they said even if it was a mistake because it took them two years to tell everyone and right when they released the second round of pistols were supposed to be able to purchace.Thats Sad,Not the CMP I have known for many years
Old 11-25-2020, 04:48 PM

CMP also did not Discover it,it was a customer,that wanted to buy a pistol because he was waiting for all pervious orders to be filled and buy his second .45 as was stated that everyone would be able to purchase a second .45 after all the first round orders had been filled,He was told rudely he was incorrect that the Admin had been there since the program opened and he had never heard of that and who was They who told him that, They was the CMP who said it in print,He was kind enough to go check though and found out that He was indeed wrong and the customer was right,And the Customer was then told he could not Purchase a pistol that it was a mistake, Can they please post the mistake here for all to see? I have waited a long time to purchase my second Pistol like the original rules said.

Last edited by Ma Deuce; 11-25-2020 at 04:59 PM.
Closed Thread