Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2009, 11:35 AM

Smile Kimber Question

I just purchased a 'rusty' Kimber at the NS Friday and I am really happy. I found one with a 1.5" very light scratch which is now gone thanks to some stain. It looks better than all the $600 rifles I looked at!! George at the counter was very nice to go over the entire rifle with me before I bought it. I think the owners manual in the box saved my gun as it has about a 3" slice in it but not all the way through.

As I am new to target .22's so how do you decide on which insert to use in the front sight? Is there a good basic book that might cover the basics for me?

Thanks
ECM1595
Old 12-13-2009, 12:14 PM

on page 15 of the kimber manual it gives an overview of the sights. depending on target and distance that dictates what inserts to use. an example if shooting a A-23/5 target you want an insert that alows white to be seen around the black. I prefer small diameter inserts and by doing so a shooter must make sure the actual target is being seen and not light bending around the front sight. you may need to experiment what you are comfortable with. remember the click adjustments are 1/5th.