Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Darthnip

oh yes i love it, but sadly, i have not fired it yet. im waiting until me and a friend of mine (the jerk that got me into all this garand and C&R business that kills my wallet, i tell the wife its all his fault) can go to the range together. being a M1 noob i'd ratehr have an experienced M1 guy around just in case anything weird happens that i wouldnt realise.
the damn thing looks new inside and out. a couple little tiny 3-4mm dings in the wood, but it just looks like someone was carrying it in front of them while walking thru some woods or brush. IMO its on top of the service grade scale from what i've seen. SA receiver and barrel, everything else HRA and to me it all looks new (but im still a noob).
these pics are fresh out of the box, some BLO really brought it io life and the wood blended perfectly.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Darthnip

Last edited by Darthnip; 07-06-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:24 PM

Nice Darthnip..

GodandGuns My advice on a carbine is buy one that YOU like. I like Inlands, you like Winchester's. I do have one piece of advice that my work buddy always says "Buy the best you can afford" You won't be sorry that you did.
Good luck, have fun looking at carbines.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:35 PM

G&G I assume your gonna get metal roughly equivalent to my HRA correct...

in my case.... test fired and preserved (don't have a throat gauge , but muzzle tested to 0.0), and the rest of the metal appeared to my untrained eye as being unused.

my original pics (have not uploaded my finished pics yet)
Album
Old 07-07-2010, 10:05 PM

GREAT pics guys!!! I can't hardly wait for mine...but I guess wait is what I must do.

HP your advice is well taken. That is exactly what I will do. I'm not brand loyal. I will keep you posted on what I find at the show.
Old 07-08-2010, 02:32 PM

Welcome and hot dang! Now remember to pace back and forth and look out the window every 5 minutes for the BWT to arrive with your new toy.

Oh Iz almost forgots. PICS PLEASE!

Bubba

Life Member NRA
VSSA member

Was a member of the old forum before I was a member of the new forum..LOL
Old 07-12-2010, 09:55 PM

Well, just thought I would let everyone know that I am still looking for the carbine. Saw plenty of them at the show, but just not one I was sure of. I just don't know exactly what to look for and when someone is trying to sell you something, I'm not sure how straight they are shooting me...they all seem to have one of the "rarest ones made". I will keep looking and read more on them.

Still waiting to hear on the Garand.......handled plenty of them at the show and that is making the wait worse....oh well.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:36 PM

WOO WHOOOO !!!! The wait is over !!!!! I haven't been on in a few days but I just wanted to pass along that my Garand has arrived !!!!! I got a call Wednesday from Fed Ex and it was delivered Thursday.

I don't have any pics to post yet, as a matter of fact, if you guys could send some directions on how to do that I would appreciate it.

The rifle I received is beautiful!!! It honestly looks like the only thing that has been changed is the stock. All the metal is almost pristine. I haven't broke it down yet, but it looks like it is 100% HRA with the exception of the stock. Every part that you can see is stamped HRA. The barrel date is 11/54. I am tremendously pleased with my purchase through CMP. This rifle is far and above anything I have seen at the shows in this price range.

I will try to break it down in a few days and then put some rounds through it. Once again if someone can provide a little direction on posting pics I will try to get some out there for everyone to look at.

I'm proud to finally be a Garand owner !!!!! God Bless and take care!!!