Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2014, 12:48 PM

Welcome!

Just shot the Korean War Memorial Match last weekend in driving rain and wind. Had fun anyway. Good range and good folks there. There are vintage matches in Spokane too. Its an easy drive over.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:13 PM

Nuts, I wrote a write up on the shop here yesterday but must have forgot to hit post... Anyway, I saw that Ishapore too! It's gone now, but the guys at the shop do haggle, just depends on the item... Some items they get cheaper through pawn default and sometimes they paid too much on a trade from a good customer. They are more likely to deal when presented with cash but on the flip side they don't charge the extra 3% for cards like other shops do. Just respect that it's a business and they will treat you right. They have been there for over 30 years and stand behind everything they sell whether it's a funky old sporterized milsurp or a cordless drill. Talk up the guy behind the oak rolltop next time, he loves old US milsurps.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:29 PM

Allen, glad you enjoyed the match. I was out riding my bicycle on Saturday morning so only got a bit of the rain and not too much wind. Thanks for the heads up on Spokane matches.

Colemanw, I appreciate the review on the shop in E-burg. I'll certainly be stopping in again. Those occasional finds that do come up always tempt me to drop in to shops like that.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:49 PM

Welcome from NC. What part of VA?
Old 02-20-2014, 04:55 PM

Thanks warrantw5, I'm from Washington state, but I have been to NC and VA. I love the Smokies and have spent some time mountain biking in the Pisgah National Forest and in Tsali on a couple of occasions, back when I lived in Panama City, FL
Old 02-21-2014, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phosphorus32 View Post
Thanks warrantw5, I'm from Washington state, but I have been to NC and VA. I love the Smokies and have spent some time mountain biking in the Pisgah National Forest and in Tsali on a couple of occasions, back when I lived in Panama City, FL
Wow, I guess I need to work on my reading ability. I have been to Seattle, Silverdale, Bangor and Bremerton. There is a pub in Silverdale called Silver City Brew that has great food and beverages. Pikes in Seattle is good also. Almost transferred there twice. Welcome. You aren't a diver are you?
Old 02-21-2014, 09:37 AM

I'm not a diver but it's on my list. I've done some snorkeling in Mexico and Hawaii and it'd be great to stay down longer and go deeper.

I'm over on the dry side of the state in the rain shadow of the Cascade Mountains but I like visiting the rainy side and getting my taste of the big cities.

When I lived in Panama City Beach I was about a mile from the Navy facility where my friend was an engineer. I worked across town at Tyndall AFB as a civilian research scientist.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:13 AM

Thumbs up Welcome to the cmp forum neighbor !

Its nice to read & find out that there is a fellow CMP member close to me, Are you shooting at Rattlesnake mountain out toward Benton City?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phosphorus32 View Post
Nice! Beautiful country up there. Ellensburg is my normal stop on the way to/from Seattle to visit my kids at UW.

FYI: The Tri-cities Shooting Association (TCSA, the range I referred to) has Vintage Military Rifle events if you're ever interested. I haven't shot in any of them but I want to give it a try sometime.

33+ transactions, 100% Positive Itrader rating,
My feedback
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ght=apprentice
Old 02-21-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apprentice View Post
Its nice to read & find out that there is a fellow CMP member close to me, Are you shooting at Rattlesnake mountain out toward Benton City?
Yes, that's the range I was referring to. I live in Richland.