Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2014, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw1947 View Post
Welcome to the forum. Used to live in Lakeland. Shot at Polk co. range Saddle Creek and Tenoroc.
I have shot at Tenoroc a few times. Nice range.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
Welcome to the forum.
Spent 20 years in Citrus County (Inverness & Lecanto) but like all Good people from further north, eventually moved back to Tennessee so I could enjoy the season changes again.

Lot's of good stuff here

Rob (the other one)
Tennessee is a beautiful state, I dont blame you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
...and another welcome to the Forums from a fellow Tampa Bay member. I did the same as you, "lurking" (and learning) for a while before I joined. Lots of good information to be found here, and plenty of helpful members willing to share as well.
A fellow Tampon huh? Haha.

Where do you like to shoot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.S. Mantooth Jr. View Post
MolanLabe;

Welcome to the Fantastic Forums. We're glad you've finally joined up after [lurking for a while] . Your gonna love that SA more than you would the HRA, why you say? because it will, according to you, will be your first . My first was also an SA and it is my prized Garand after 50 + years.

As already mentioned, we'd love to see some pics when your able. Eye candy is always a treat around here .
Thanks, I always pictured myself owning a Springfield M1 anyways. Not that I wouldnt want a HRA but theres just something about the Springfield Armory that rings honor and freedom.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:00 AM

I lucked out on my first Garand purchase [I think]. I bought it back in 1964 at a fairly small gun shop in Pasadena CA. For it's size, it was packed literally, with any U.S. WW2 small arms you could ever desire [semi-auto of course].

If I knew then what I know now, I would have shopped a bit differently and, since I was still single , I would have bought one of each make plus, at least one each of the 1903's, 1903A3's, even a couple of 1917's.

But, what can you tell a young guy that thinks he knows it all?

The minute you walked in the door of that shop, you came face to face with a wall of cosmoline vapors. Man, did that ever smell good . There were no CMP's, GCA's or other organizations out there to help out a Green Newbie.

MolanLabe, I wish you all the luck in the "Luck of The Draw". There have been some beautiful rifles come out with the dice roll.
GCA Member #5701
CMP Customer #110194
Regards.
Stan
Old 10-22-2014, 06:50 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to jaw1947

GM1MAN, do you reload? I was surprised at all the shooters that left the cases on the deck. I'd ask if I can pick it up and got a lot of brass. Welcome to forum.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM1MAN View Post
Hello from central Florida near Lakeland. I have in the last week received all my ammo orders and a truly GREAT CMP special in 30.06. That is pretty darn good gentlemen, in the last two weeks! I originally became hooked on a SA M-1 ser# 789000 range purchased from a hardware store in Wellsville, NY in the 1990's that will shoot 2" all day with handloads at 100 yards. I am a certified armorer trained by S&W, Glock, and Colt rifle, but most probably, if I can not help some one with info, I will do my best to find the information for you, or admit that I can't.
Welcome to the forum GM1MAN. Congratulations on both of your Garands, particularly on your recent CMP Special.
Glad to have you here and always good to have folks with experience such as yours here on the forum...as you stated, that is what makes it such a great resource.

Regards,
Rob

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544
Old 10-23-2014, 07:46 AM

Welcome to a great forum from a fellow floridian.
Be careful garands can become addictive!
Old 10-23-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM1MAN View Post
Don"t I know it! Reading this forum and hearing everyone's experiences is great. So great that I just ordered a CMP Special in .308. Good thing I didn't find out about CMP and this forum years ago, or else I would be completely broke!

Thanks to all,
Mike
Mike;

Welcome Sir to these great Forums. It's a pleasure to have another new member sign up. And congrats on your acquisitions. I especially like the s/n of your first Garand, that's a cool one for sure.

We'd love to see some pics if they'll be available (HINT, HINT) .
GCA Member #5701
CMP Customer #110194
Regards.
Stan
Old 10-23-2014, 06:34 PM

Welcome, Hernando County here. Looking forward to pics of the new baby.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolanLabe View Post
A fellow Tampon huh? Haha.
Where do you like to shoot?
Yep, but I think it's spelled T-A-M-P-A-N.

Wyoming Antelope Club is close by (west side of the Bay) and has a decent outdoor range. They hold USPSA and IDPA matches...if you're into that. There's also a Shoot Straight in Clearwater not far from the WAC, but they have only a 25 yard rifle range (8 lanes) at their "new" location. A new gun range is also being built in northern Pinellas on US 19, but it'll be a while before it's ready to open.

On the Tampa side of the Bay, there's Shooter's World off Fletcher and I-275. Nice displays of WW2 arms in the hallway leading to the indoor range.

A buddy of mine goes up to Hernando Sportsman's Club for 3-gun matches, where they have a 200m range. I haven't shot there yet, but have heard it's a nice place to shoot.