Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2011, 11:17 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome. From the sound of it, I should start saving my money for the 'next' Garand.

Quick question - does the CMP notify you when they receive your paperwork? Or do you just suddenly receive a rifle-sized package at your doorstep in the 30-60 day waiting period?
Old 10-27-2011, 12:25 PM

AKJ, You will receive a DBU ( Don't Bother Us) e-mail, stating that they received your order form and will process it in the order it was received. Eddie
Old 10-27-2011, 12:47 PM

Thanks for that info, Eddie.

I have yet to receive the DBU e-mail, but I do have USPS confirmation that they received my packet. It arrived monday morning. Am I correct in thinking that it will probably be a little bit before I get the DBU e-mail due to the volume of their mail orders?

I don't want to be a pest...I'm just all excited about the prospect of being a garand owner in the near future...

Thanks again!
Old 11-04-2011, 01:49 PM

Default AKJeeper:

Hi and welcome from Sitka! Regarding CMP ammo shipments, they can ship to any Fedex facility that has a dangerous cargo (I think that's the term they used) storage area. Sitka Airport's Fedex facility doesn't, so they'd have to ship to Juneau. We make a Costco run to Juneau once or twice a year, so an ammo order would have to coincide with one of our shopping trips.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:22 PM

Generally, if there is anything wrong or there is a question about something in your paper work package when you order, they'll contact you. Not just dump the order.....

Welcome aboard. Yep Garanditis is something like Lays potato chips. You can't just do one.....
USMC Ret. 1986, US Army Civilian Retired 2011

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell
Old 11-04-2011, 02:30 PM

The DBU email will have your Customer Number. Register with the CMP eStore (http://estore.odcmp.com/Store/catalog/catalog.aspx) and some time after the DBU the rifle will appear in your account as pending. Later, after your payment is processed, it will show as shipped with a FedEx Tracking Number and a Serial Number.

Have fun!

"Life is Good!"
Old 11-04-2011, 03:04 PM

Sweet. Good info to know! Thanks a bunch!
Old 11-04-2011, 09:59 PM

Welcome from Wasilla!