Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2015, 08:23 PM

It is amazing to me that sellers on GB show few pictures, crappy pictures and most pictures just of the stock. They have no idea you can list as many pics as you want to. When I have sold a few guns on GB I usually have 30 or so pictures.

I asked about the go go swithch and he replied wrong picture posted, that was another weapon. Now only 2 pics posted. Got to wonder......

Last edited by cali201; 03-01-2015 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:33 PM

I saw 2 in Louisville today 1 @ 5k the other @ 6 also saw a IP IR I cut stock sell for 550
Old 03-01-2015, 08:36 PM

I didn't see any select fire components in pix or text with regards to the IP, maybe you're looking at his Inland M2?
Now I'm looking for a bib so I can check out his BAR . . . don't want to slobber all over my keyboard . . .

Member since 2005

Old 03-01-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by car wash chris View Post
I saw 2 in Louisville today 1 @ 5k the other @ 6 also saw a IP IR I cut stock sell for 550
I saw that I-cut when I was there yesterday. No cartouche, but definitely looked the part of being an IR-IP stock. I don't remember seeing an IP there yesterday. I bet I looked or handled about 20 or more M1 carbines yesterday. Only one of them peaked my interest any and it had issues that I wasn't wanting to deal with. Did you see the Inland XA cutaway for 10k? Prices for rebilds there were ridiculous. I saw several for over 1500 that may have not been worth half of that.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deldriver View Post
Did you see the Inland XA cutaway for 10k?
Was that a Ml or M2? Did it happen to have the serial XA22?

Last edited by New2Brass; 03-01-2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deldriver View Post
I saw that I-cut when I was there yesterday. No cartouche, but definitely looked the part of being an IR-IP stock. I don't remember seeing an IP there yesterday. I bet I looked or handled about 20 or more M1 carbines yesterday. Only one of them peaked my interest any and it had issues that I wasn't wanting to deal with. Did you see the Inland XA cutaway for 10k? Prices for rebilds there were ridiculous. I saw several for over 1500 that may have not been worth half of that.
20 M1 Carbines, for sale, all in one place? High prices notwithstanding, at least you had something to look at! The show I went to yesterday had 3 carbines - a freshly reparked Inland with type "R" (for Riverbank) flip sight in a repro M1A1 stock for $1250, a 5.6 WRA that had the funkiest, hand-stamped receiver bridge where the letters "U.S" CA" & "CAL" were all over the place in relation to each other, I think because maybe there was an OOB incident in the past. $800 for that POS
Not 100% positive the 3rd carbine was USGI because the rear dovetail and all heel info had been completely wiped (including serial #) & an aftermarket peep sight installed. I managed to avert my eyes before seeing the front sight, which had to be real short to work with that low-profile rear peep. Didn't look for a price on that one.

Member since 2005

Old 03-01-2015, 10:50 PM

I picked up a rebuild mix match about a year back or so. Correct receiver / barrel.
Funny as I see this and some of the prices yet when I carried it to a show all the experts told me it was worth less than my Postal Meter and about the same as my Winchester....
Old 03-01-2015, 11:05 PM

Well if those gun show experts told you that it must be true! I have been tempted to bring one of mine to a show, like my 7.2 Winchester, pretend i just inherited it and don't know what is worth just to be amused to hear what they say. But i never do, not worth hauling it around just for thst but i would sort of like to. Maybe one day.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
20 M1 Carbines, for sale, all in one place? High prices notwithstanding, at least you had something to look at! The show I went to yesterday had 3 carbines - a freshly reparked Inland with type "R" (for Riverbank) flip sight in a repro M1A1 stock for $1250, a 5.6 WRA that had the funkiest, hand-stamped receiver bridge where the letters "U.S" CA" & "CAL" were all over the place in relation to each other, I think because maybe there was an OOB incident in the past. $800 for that POS
Not 100% positive the 3rd carbine was USGI because the rear dovetail and all heel info had been completely wiped (including serial #) & an aftermarket peep sight installed. I managed to avert my eyes before seeing the front sight, which had to be real short to work with that low-profile rear peep. Didn't look for a price on that one.
There were probably more than 20 there, including a handful of M1A1's in various condition and for pretty lofty prices too, even for just the stock. Simply stated, I "sampled" about 20 out of ever how many was there during that day. Again, most were rebuilds for about average prices to astronomical prices. There were some decent stocks there, but nothing I just had to have. Sorry you had a very negative experience at yours. It sounds kind of like the local shows I go to closer to where I actually live.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:22 AM
Banned

Most people won't know a 7 mil. It'll just be a Win to them.
I saw the 5K$ IP. Was refreshing to see a real rear sight. He said it has been the CC Carbine of the Month twice. Wonder if that can be confirmed that one IP was featured twice? Had a Rockola barrel. The S'G' cartouche looked almost exactly as several of mine that I've had with 1 minor detail.

Later I enjoyed spiking a bogus seller in front of his buddy when he told me his mixmaster was all Saginaw. I asked when did Sag make adjustable rear sights, flip safeties, M underline mag catches and bayonet lugs.