Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2014, 11:15 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn View Post
It's interesting to note how many folks that hump carbine parts think or their way of thinking. There is a certain psychosis associated with their perverted way of thinking that justifies the ends to a means in their criminal minds.

One put it pretty plainly to me when he said "Send it back, there are others who will appreciate what I have to offer." In other words because I made it, or found a way to get it for you, it's as good as any original out there. What a line of ****************.

When you complain, they then become the "victim" . When you do not complain they are secretly saying "If you are stupid enough not to do your homework, and to part with your money, then you deserve what you get." Consequently many that are new to our hobby get burned and unfortunately there are several of these shysters that once had a good name making matters even worse. In my opinion, these are the worst of the worst.
Well said.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Brass
If in doubt add the difference.
Or just do the right thing and pay for a service you actually find useful for its convenience

Old 08-27-2014, 12:35 PM

That is what I suggested. Sellers don't want to pay fees, so add the difference so you pay fees and are covered.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:55 PM

I have noticed that particular seller has quite a few questionable parts. Buyer beware.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:07 PM
Banned

Wow guys, I am the seller. I bought most of my parts from a very reputable dealer. I have since then bought a few parts lots and resold them. I can't guarantee they are all 100% original but I did my best to research and only list original as original. I can't believe the names I have been called over this. I have always offered a return policy in case I missed something, but apparently I am the biggest crook on the internet. I am a collector and a passionate M1 Carbine fan and for the life of me I cannot figure out where I went wrong. I am upset that people think I purposely tried to deceive them. I have over 1000 positive feedback and have always gone the extra mile to help fellow collectors. I am on a number of forums but new here. Maybe next time someone sees a part that doesn't look right you can email the seller and have them double check their part. Some of us try and do the right thing.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:10 PM

To start the ball rolling...the"M1 Carbine Type III Push Button Safety USGI WW2 "E.W." Winchester" safety is a fake.

The "M1 Carbine Type III Hammer WW2 NOS W Winchester" hammer is not Winchester it's a replacement made by White sewing and the three "Rock-Ola hammers" are replacements as well.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:22 PM
Banned

Ok,
I will revise those items. I thought they were. Real.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:22 PM

The BE-B fabricated trigger housing Inland?

I think the B/R hammers were replacements made by a furnace co not for Rock ola

Most of Rockola's hammers were made by Kal Machine works.

I'm probably wrong as I'm not a part swapper.

Ignorance is bli$$.

Last edited by DaveHH; 08-27-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn View Post
It's interesting to note how many folks that hump carbine parts think or their way of thinking. There is a certain psychosis associated with their perverted way of thinking that justifies the ends to a means in their criminal minds.

One put it pretty plainly to me when he said "Send it back, there are others who will appreciate what I have to offer." In other words because I made it, or found a way to get it for you, it's as good as any original out there. What a line of ****************.

When you complain, they then become the "victim" . When you do not complain they are secretly saying "If you are stupid enough not to do your homework, and to part with your money, then you deserve what you get." Consequently many that are new to our hobby get burned and unfortunately there are several of these shysters that once had a good name making matters even worse. In my opinion, these are the worst of the worst.
Very well said Sir ............
Old 08-28-2014, 12:03 AM
Banned

I use this book. See the hammer markings?

photo 003_zpsffcbbe9d.jpg
 photo 002_zps7724b58a.jpg