Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2014, 01:42 PM
Banned

I just bought 4 rear type 1 sights. Let scrutinize them together.

photo 001_zps06926c1b.jpg
 photo 002_zps2d294e46.jpg
 photo 003_zpsdbc9160b.jpg
 photo 009_zps2831713d.jpg
 photo 008_zpsab3da81b.jpg
 photo 004_zpsa233e2c0.jpg
 photo 006_zpsf41ae85b.jpg
 photo 007_zps281c1d71.jpg

Last edited by rickplayer; 08-28-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:06 PM

Yikes! The raised edges of the letters on the Underwood almost poked my eyes out.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:22 PM

Your B-Q is assembled backwards. I have a late GE-Q (X-staked) like that. It came from "a trusted source" but I don't know whether it is real. Some day I'll figure it out

Old 08-28-2014, 03:22 PM

Why anyone would rely on that book is beyond me.

Since we're on a Rock-Ola topic. Look at the swaged area of the gas cylinder on pages 454 & 472 and compare the area to the same area on the gas cylinders pictured in the rest of the Rock-Ola section. A little research will reveal why there is a difference.

Now look at the barrel flat area on pages 454 & 472, notice the wear marks just forward of the assembly/disassembly notch for the operating slide. Ponder what could have possibly caused the wear on that area.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:50 PM
Banned

What hasn't been mentioned is one or two of "us" have purchased items they considered fake and offered to forgive the seller if they sell other items as a discount. Extortion? Who is the crook now. Thanks guys. I will continue to sell parts and help other people to the best of my ability but I won't be bullied by 1 or 2 bad eggs. Let's get back to having fun with our carbines.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:13 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickplayer View Post
What hasn't been mentioned is one or two of "us" have purchased items they considered fake and offered to forgive the seller if they sell other items as a discount. Extortion? Who is the crook now. Thanks guys. I will continue to sell parts and help other people to the best of my ability but I won't be bullied by 1 or 2 bad eggs. Let's get back to having fun with our carbines.
That would be you jon. If you want to drag out the dirty laundry lets do it! I figured you took me for about 30 bucks! Yes I asked you to see if you had some common parts, and yes I was willing to pay retail price minus what you took me for nothing more. Like ebay says, try to work it out! Was gonna just let it go, not now.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:43 PM
Banned

I haveno interest in arguing. You do what you need to do. I am an honest seller and if you need to punish me, do it. I think you are a very dishonest person and i will not respond to you again in a public forum. I bet your actually a nice person, but words typed on onternet boards come off very rough. So, please return the part and I will refund it, or keep it and give me negative feedback. I no longer care. My preference is you return it and we try to be friends with a common interest and see what we can do to make is all happy. Thanks.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickplayer View Post
I haveno interest in arguing. You do what you need to do. I am an honest seller and if you need to punish me, do it. I think you are a very dishonest person and i will not respond to you again in a public forum. I bet your actually a nice person, but words typed on onternet boards come off very rough. So, please return the part and I will refund it, or keep it and give me negative feedback. I no longer care. My preference is you return it and we try to be friends with a common interest and see what we can do to make is all happy. Thanks.
Sorry Jon, I already re listed it with an accurate description hours ago, per Ebay suggestions. You just called me the the crook on a public forum, I have nothing to hide, my feed backs speak for them selves. xxxshooterxxx on GB, xxxsambonexxx Ebay.Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Yes I just now gave you the neg feedback, its my privilege as a buyer.

Last edited by carbine junkie; 08-30-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn View Post
It's interesting to note how many folks that hump carbine parts think or their way of thinking. There is a certain psychosis associated with their perverted way of thinking that justifies the ends to a means in their criminal minds.

One put it pretty plainly to me when he said "Send it back, there are others who will appreciate what I have to offer." In other words because I made it, or found a way to get it for you, it's as good as any original out there. What a line of ****************.

When you complain, they then become the "victim" . When you do not complain they are secretly saying "If you are stupid enough not to do your homework, and to part with your money, then you deserve what you get." Consequently many that are new to our hobby get burned and unfortunately there are several of these shysters that once had a good name making matters even worse. In my opinion, these are the worst of the worst.
Once again, Spot on!