Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2010, 01:37 AM

Well Greaser:
Mine looked just like yours in the slingwell area on the left, but the "I" cut side on right is okay. With sling installed, it won't show. I'm pretty good at woodworking but without the jig setup, it'll be hard to repair the uneven slingwell perfectly. I'll just clean it up the best I can, then leave the sling on it. I ordered the stock and handguard unfinished anyways to insure a matching finish for both pieces. Overall I'm happy with the stock, esp. for the price. But I have yet to try dropping a rifle into it yet, so I might be in for a bit of fitting work yet, not sure. Good Luck on the new stock, Greaser!
Old 02-07-2010, 07:02 AM

Got mine last week, same problem with the slingwell but it does not show on the "I" cut side and the flaws will be hidden by the sling. It appears that these are seconds, still a good price, but should have been disclosed as such. This is my first order with Dupage, and so far I am not impressed. I also ordered a M1 Garand handguard set which I was billed for, but was not in the box that was delivered. Emailed Dupage a week ago about the missing handguard set and have not heard anything back from them..
Old 02-07-2010, 10:24 AM

Default Guess I waited too long....

Looks like Dupage either SOLD OUT of these stocks or possibly got too many complaints on the slingwell issue?...Either way, they seem to be GONE from the webpage. For $55.00 I think they were a bargain considering the price of FATs and other take-offs. Would still like to know how they fit even though I "missed the boat..."

Steve
Old 02-07-2010, 11:13 AM

Mine arrived yesterday. "I" Cut is fine with similar "Blems" in the sling well area. Mine is really not that bad and will require a little work. It will not show with the sling installed. I also ordered a matching hand guard. This stock will be fine for a shooter. I have not fit the carbine yet.

As a side note, I noticed the "Blems" and called Dupage, saleslady seemed only marginally interested and wasn't familiar with what I was describing. I was given the option to send back but I'll keep it for a shooter.

Overall it's not bad for the price, I feel that Dupage should have listed these as "Seconds" or "Blems" since they are far from restoration quality. I will be hesitant to order from them again in the future.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to deputy85

myself up untill lately ive always been happy with dupage , but after getting 5 out of 5 firewood pieces in their repairable? stocks that changed, yea i read their description these didnt come close,/i emailed them wasnt complaining about the stocks, just mentioned that they were all firewood and asked if i could pay a handpick fee on some more, man they shot me back a go to hades email, im guessing that they have been getting some complaints, i said i knew when i was ordering that they could be all junk and that was understood, but man they were rude in their answer,

Last edited by deputy85; 02-07-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:04 PM

I called them two weeks ago, they are sold out.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:42 PM

I got mine today,must have been one of the last. I ordered the handgusrd also. Not a flaw anywhere, I guess I lucked out for a change. the fit was perfect although I haven't installed any of the metal yet.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:21 AM

I'll bet the $55.00 highcut type 1 carbine stocks are first run prototypes that didn't meet Dupage expectations.

I'll also bet a cup of high priced coffee that there will be a second version out this summer.

It will probably have a slimmed out lower bottom front shape, better machined sling well, come with matching handguard and cost a lot more...
Old 02-09-2010, 09:55 AM

Ok. I'm kinda ********ed now. Not sure to be ********ed at myself or at Dupage.

I had the "defective stock" and requested a return label to exchange for one that wasnt defective.

No communication from Dupage - but I did get a return label via the fedex man.

I assumed, per my request to Dupage that I would get a replacement stock.

Checked my bank statement today - and I got a refund rather than a replacement.

I'm out 0 out of pocket - but I feel really bad for returning the stock as it was nice - and now I have nothing but a huge TEASE of what I could have had....

I guess its my fault for expecting too much. I just wish Dupage would have communicated with me.

Chris-
Old 02-09-2010, 02:29 PM

Got ready to do some finish work and found that these stocks were made by Boyds, date stamped and name stamp in them.