Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 09:54 AM

Does it matter that the M1 Carbine is not on the list? There should be no list. Whether the M1 Carbine, Garand or whatever is on this list is irrelevent to me. I oppose this or any list and have contacted my reps to say so.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenOC View Post
It probably wont' be long. They've had something like these for a while.
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-...changear15.jpg
I want one of those...
Old 01-25-2013, 10:05 AM

I think a 'pistol grip' has to be detachable, like on an AK or AR, otherwise, you would call the vast majority of hunting rifles as having a 'pistol grip"?
Old 01-25-2013, 10:44 AM

Continued divide and conquer tactics --whew, my gun is not on the "list" so I don't have to worry--or write to my representative or raise a ruckus, I'm safe.

False security: this will never pass, there are too many loopholes, it will never survive judicial review, etc.

The political party arm twisting is in full force inside the beltway, gun owners are no longer considered a strong voting block, and former stalwart supporters are on the verge of caving every day, just like NY.

Don't breathe easy, don't let up. Not that they are paying any attention. I got a response from my rep, thanking me for my letter and promising to continue fighting agaist sexual harassment in the military--huh?
Old 01-25-2013, 10:48 AM

Keep in mind that these are just proposals. NO law has been passed yet.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:05 PM

Default There is a good chance that the C&E system will still be around

Mitch Luksich was instrumental in getting that put into law and may be called as a consultant by them again.

Remember that the powers that be know that none of this crap will have any effect on crime, it is just window dressing for their political careers. Like everything in government, you only need to APPEAR to be doing something to be a winner.

We should continue to fight these dopes. We have not done anything to anybody. We should all be upset about being lumped into the criminal element simply by exercising out constitutional rights. We don't need to apologize for anything, period!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrevy View Post
Does it matter that the M1 Carbine is not on the list? There should be no list. Whether the M1 Carbine, Garand or whatever is on this list is irrelevent to me. I oppose this or any list and have contacted my reps to say so.
Shrevy +1...

I cannot believe anyone would just sit back and say OK, which ones are they going to ban!

Do not allow/refuse to let this to happen! Take actions, write/contact your state and federal representatives, write/contact the President, Vice President, speaker and minority leader. Become a life member of the NRA. Get involved. Do not let these idiots take away our Second Amendment Rights!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:07 PM

It's 1994 all over again but worse. The difference this time is that a large number of people are "waking" up and know more about this issue than last time.

We don't give a milli-meter to them I am proud that NRA has said NO compromise.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:48 PM

I contacted my congressional reps and have received responses that assured me that they were supporters of the 2nd Ammendment and are against these gun grabbing laws.
But I will not just sit back and not try to keep them aware that we are still watching them.

To be frank we need to concentrate on George Soros and Moveon.org, they need to neutralized, so that he and his money is eliminated from influencing our government in any way. He has destroyed the currency in other countries and is hxxl bent to do the same in the US. The gun ban is just another step for him and those precious little children are just another instrument in achieving their objective.

God bless the USA.

Last edited by bigbird; 01-25-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Banned

We all need to contact them again specifically against magazine capacities and mandatory background checks. It's not enough for them to say they're pro-2A.

Banning private sales and normal capacity mags (15 & 30 rounders) is what they think they can get done this time around. Don't let them do it.