Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2018, 04:38 PM

Default Carbine Bags

I have two M1 Carbine canvas carry bags that are surplus to my needs right now. I want to list them here in the for sale section. But need to know what they are for sure, so my asking price is fair, and I do not look stupid,lol.

I will post a pic later today..But they seem they may be old repros. I think as they do not have the talon type zipper. And no maker or date on the inside. Zipper is brass. Zipper pull has TFC on it, just a zipper type you would see on your coat.. It is magnetic and appears to have a nickel or chrome plate.

Outside is marked with a US, not U.S.

If they are repros, they definitely show age, and seem to be of a nice heavy duty canvas, and good quality made. Not thin crap in some repros you see.

Did they make these possibly post WWII? A guy locally who knows alot about Military stuff, he sells it, told me some were produced during the Korean Era. Maybe that is what they are?

Straps and buckle are present on the backside. Just as they should be.

Will get pics up a while.
https://imgur.com/EoYiU9G

Last edited by carbineone; 01-29-2018 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:13 PM

The only original USGI M1 Carbine carrying cases such as these were made during WWII I believe, I have never seen or heard of an Korean War era, 1950's, dated one.

Tough to tell from the photograph for sure, but it looks as if the leather tabs are black on yours? Black leather, unless dyed which is highly unlikely, is an commercial or reproduction case. Any manufacturers name or dates inside?
Old 01-29-2018, 05:21 PM

Nope, no maker name on the inside. He said if he is right about some being post war made. They did not date or stamp the maker inside. They just look like they have been around a long time. Even the coating and plating on the zipper pulls is peeling some. Leather tabs are hard and dry. One tab even broke partially off the one bag.

They are likely repro. That was my thought too. But they have to be old, old repros.

If no one else has any input otherwise. I will list em for a fair repop price then.