Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Match AR
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2017, 07:11 AM

Default Vortex Scopes?

I bought a NM upper and am going to get an optic for it. I can't believe I am doing this but the price was right and the specs on the upper are fine. ( Anderson Upper, WOA 20" Stainless barrel, RRA FF hand Guard and weights and NM A2 Sights) I am going to interchange this upper with my Bone Stock A2 upper and lower.

Which Vortex do you all recommend? ( I like the warranty they have)
Old 09-13-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thmountain View Post
I bought a NM upper and am going to get an optic for it. I can't believe I am doing this but the price was right and the specs on the upper are fine. ( Anderson Upper, WOA 20" Stainless barrel, RRA FF hand Guard and weights and NM A2 Sights) I am going to interchange this upper with my Bone Stock A2 upper and lower.

Which Vortex do you all recommend? ( I like the warranty they have)
The model people are using for CMP competition is the Viper 1-4x20 MOA. They've been discontinued tough. YOu can find some slightly used ones for sale on the usrifleteams.com forum.
NRA - XTC HP Expert
16 down / 14 to go!
Old 09-13-2017, 08:57 AM

Optics Planet seems to still have some in stock. Rumor has it they are revamping the scope to have 1/4 MOA adjustments and will re-release it.

The Burris MTAC Ballistic CQ Riflescope is a good alternative. It has a coil spring instead of the typical leaf spring supporting the erector tube so adjustments are very repeatable, no issues with mine or any reports that I've seen. Also have a lifetime warranty.

Leupold is another option. Same warranty. I have an FX-II 4x33mm on my Christmas list but their Mark AR gets a lot of great reviews. WOA sells their version of it set up for service rifle.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:25 AM

I have the Viper PST 1-4x 24mm and it works well for the price range. Seems to return to zero from 100 to 300 and back, which is all I've been able to shoot with it. Do yourself a favor and get a 1.3" high mount. I went through 3 different heights and offsets before I decided in the Geiselle and it made all the difference in the world.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:42 PM

Viper PST. Love it.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:45 PM

These all look like great options.
Old 09-14-2017, 04:42 AM

10th Mtn
I've used the Viper PST 1-4x 24mm in Highpower competition for approx. a year. No problems going from 200-300-600 and back. A DD214 (actually available to active or retired police or military) will get you 40% discount via factory direct. Call them.
Vic
Old 09-14-2017, 05:02 AM

the Vortex pst is a great scope. they quit making them but you can still find them around. if you can't get one, the Burris MTAC with the Ballistic AR reticle works well as an alternative.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:28 AM

The Burris looks very nice .
Old 09-14-2017, 08:55 AM

I have 2ea Service Rifle uppers with a Viper PST 1-4x 24mm on them. I like EVERYthing about them except the 1/2min clicks. I don't like to favor but am getting used to it now. These scopes got me to DR #2287 and High Master. Rugged, repeatable, etc.

I considered replacing these with NF scopes but decided to just stick with the Vortex. I'd bet there are other scopes out there that would serve you well also.

Keith Schachle