Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > Great Lakes > Indiana
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 04:54 PM

Default Garand and CMP matches in southern Indiana

Good afternoon. We have finally firmed up our schedule for the year at the Southern Indiana Rifle & Pistol Club, near Borden, IN. Here is a link to our Garand and other CMP matches. You do not have to be a club member to shoot the matches. We have 3 Garands to loan and ammunition to purchase at the matches. Contact us and let us know before the match that you will need to borrow a rifle. Contact us if there are any questions. DennyMac
Old 02-06-2013, 05:10 PM

Any camping nearby? I might like to visit for a match but I'm at least 3 hours away. Too old to be up at 4 to make a 0800 squading
Old 02-10-2013, 09:16 PM

I hear you brother!

Yes, in fact our club property boarders a state forestry and the entrance to Deam Lake State Recreation area is just 3 miles down the road from the range.

Both are easy directions: If you are comming in from I-65, get off at exit 7, and turn west on HWY 60, go about 10 or 12 miles, you will pass the Deam Lake entrance on your right just before you get to the range, also on the right side of the road.

Be advised the entrance to the range is a shared gravel driveway for a older farm house and is easy to miss. Look at the map on the club website and watch for the "SIRPC" sign beside the driveway, it is pretty small, maybe 3'x5' or so.

Here is a link to the park:

http://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/4825.htm

Deam Lake has really fine camping facilities, electricity, nice showers, etc. We camp There often

I make most of the matches, I look forward to seeing you there sometime.