Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > NM Collector CMP Edition Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2015, 05:37 PM

Default I updated Java and now NM Collector won't run

I updated My Mac Operating system and Java, and now I get an error message telling me to reinstall the old version of Java. The error message sends me to a page which is supposed to allow me to reinstall the old version, and there is no link to do that.

What do I do?
Old 03-16-2015, 11:17 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJudge View Post
I updated My Mac Operating system and Java, and now I get an error message telling me to reinstall the old version of Java. The error message sends me to a page which is supposed to allow me to reinstall the old version, and there is no link to do that.

What do I do?
What Mac OS are you using? What version of Java did you install? Is it Apple provided (Mac) or Oracle or something else?

I had one guy, years ago, install a beta version of a third party Java 8 port for the Mac on their Mac which broke NM Collector Software on their Mac. He withheld from me that he ad installed a beta version of a Java port and proceeded to publicly bad mouth me and my software over it. Later on he admitted that he had installed a beta version of a Java port but still tried to say that my software would not work with the latest version of Java on Macs and that he was only trying to help me identify flaws in my software. I used to think the customer was always right until I encountered this character. Thank you for not doing that! I'm sure we can work through this.

Here is a link to a Java page that might help - http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_mac.xml

I will not be able to respond again until tomorrow evening so please be patient with me.

BTW, I'm running Java 1.8.0_25 (Java 8) on my Windows system and NM Collector is working fine with that so i don't think there are any issues if Java is operating correctly.

Thanks,

Last edited by nmCollector; 03-16-2015 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:34 PM

I just installed the new Mac OS X when prompted by my computer. It prompted me to install a new version of Java from Java, and I did. I don't remember the Java number. I then tried to run NM Collector, and got an error message. It gave me a link to a page that had the following on it:

About Java for OS X 2014-001
Java for OS X 2014-001 includes installation improvements, and supersedes all previous versions of Java for OS X. This package installs the same version of Java 6 included in Java for OS X 2013-005.

This article is about older, unsupported Java software.
Download the latest version of Java for OS X directly from Oracle.

This update uninstalls the Apple-provided Java applet plug-in from all web browsers. To use applets on a web page, click on the region labeled "Missing plug-in" to go download the latest version of the Java applet plug-in from Oracle.
Learn more
For information about the security content of this update, please visit this website:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
Last Modified: Feb 13, 2015

I downloaded the version from the link and now NM Collector works fine.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:27 PM

Thumbs up

I'm glad you were able to get it working. When I first developed NM Collector Software Apple included java as a part of their Mac OS X installations. Then they seemed to have a falling out with Java (I think about the time Oracle purchased Java) and stopped including it with their OS but it can still be loaded. I can see how it can be confusing but you were able to figure it out. Great job!