Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > My Gun DB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2015, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfrage View Post
I wasnt' seeing any notifications from the forums for some reason as well - my father, a member here, sent me an email saying there were posts I hadn't responded to. I'm looking into that issue as well as getting caught up on support. I had 978 emails to sort through and I'm down to 175.
Mine must still be in that 175...
Old 05-06-2015, 10:32 PM

Default I dont think so...

I put in a support tickee a couple weeks ago and still no joy.

oh well its only money, a comodity you cannot control

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuapoPogi View Post
I bought the i-phone app and loaded all my firearms past and present. I decided that I wanted to get the full desktop version. When I went to buy it I found that the website won't load properly on my computer. This could be my computer's fault but I noticed that the copy write date for the page is 2011 and I got no response to questions I sent using the contact form.

Is the program still supported? If not is there any better program out there? I need to start a better book now that I have used my C&R FFL to make a purchase for the first time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GuapoPogi
Old 05-14-2015, 11:28 AM

I've been trying to get support on this software for the past few months. I've spoke with Tom several times, sent emails for Alan, put in help desk tickets, to no avail. Cannot get a response from the support person. I've given up.

MygunDB only runs when it is connected to the internet. That's a big problem when there is no internet connection! As it is now, the software is useless for me.

Anyways, has anyone used NMCollector? I've give up on MYGunDB. It's apparently a dead end product. That's unfortunate because I used to really like the software.

Last edited by rossinfl; 05-14-2015 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:40 AM

Well, well. Should of found this thread before purchasing. The purchasing software seems to work just fine. Does not seem to be a problem with taking my money for unsupported software.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:46 PM

I've tried the program (limited to 10 entries I think). Seemed to work well.

My concern is long term support and functionality. As many of you know it's a ton of labor to input the data if you have a large collection. I did this with Lotus many years ago and had to give up on that due to loss of support/compatibility with new operating systems.

The backbone of the MGDB appears to be Adobe Aire. I'm assuming this will be supported for a long time but don't know.

So I'm still on the fence.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
I've tried the program (limited to 10 entries I think). Seemed to work well.

My concern is long term support and functionality. As many of you know it's a ton of labor to input the data if you have a large collection. I did this with Lotus many years ago and had to give up on that due to loss of support/compatibility with new operating systems.

The backbone of the MGDB appears to be Adobe Aire. I'm assuming this will be supported for a long time but don't know.

So I'm still on the fence.
I haven't been able to transfer my MyGunDB data to a new computer and support has been negligible. Looks like I'll lose a lot of work.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:27 AM

NM Collector software appears to be better supported. Runs on Java I think.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:32 AM

The downside to this situation is that CMP does not seem to recognize the issue and keeps the sale link posted. This draws in new customers who discover too late the fail of this software. I contacted them to point out the situation and they seemed oblivious to the situation. Of course it brings them revenue every sale so?

Do not purchase this software. Waste of money.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtodan View Post
Do not purchase this software. Waste of money.
Thankfuly I only purchased the i-phone app. I found out the PC program was broken and nolonger had support before I got around to purchasing it. I ended up just buying the bound book from Brownells for less than $3. I intend to enter all the information for collection in there, then once I have it all entered and in 1 place, I'll revisit the computer option looking into NM Collector.

GuapoPogi
Old 08-17-2015, 05:27 AM

Seeing a lot of fault codes on MGDB. I am afraid to ask if it will work with Windows 10. Really disappointed in the support for this program.