Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > Southeast > Georgia
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2016, 08:54 AM

Default 3 (wood) gun match at TMP May 14th

HEADS UP SHOOTERS! Shootin’ bud Don Rutherford asked me to get the word out. He is hosting a match at the Talladega Marksmanship Park on May 14th. Cost is the park fee of 30 bucks. After the match you can shoot the rest of the day. 3 relays of wood guns! If you shoot a different rifle (Garand, 03, 1917, etc) for each relay you are eligible to win the 3-gun award. If you choose to shoot the same rifle or only 2 different rifles you won’t be. I will probably shoot 2 different Garands and an 03a3 so I would NOT be eligible for the award. Not only is this a laid back and fun match it would be a great warmup for Rifleman’s Weekend the following week. I don’t think you can pre-register, just go through normal check in. Shooting starts at 9:30. See ya there!!!

thanks, Keith Schachle
Old 04-28-2016, 08:03 PM

I sure have a good time shooting their match's. Even back when they were doing them at their Breman Ga range. I got drill that weekend and missed the last one they had due to a the national guard. 8 more months and I'll be retiring after 35 years. I've missed a lot of bdays, holidays and to many matches during that run.

Ryan