Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > NM Collector CMP Edition Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2016, 04:53 PM

Default "Java Heap space"???

After adding my photos to NM Collector my report won't run due to lack of "Java heap space"???
Old 07-25-2016, 09:07 AM

This is just a quick reply. I will provide more details this evening. I will post a startup script that will solve the java heap space error if you have enough memory on your computer. This must be related to the slowness but I can't say for sure. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:05 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFLeader View Post
After adding my photos to NM Collector my report won't run due to lack of "Java heap space"???
Since you are the second person to report this problem it is something I need to add to my known issues page. Here is the answer I provided to the other person who encountered this problem. He ended up reducing the size of all of his pictures to free up memory space.

------------------ begin embedded message ------------------

This error tells me that Java is running out of memory while it is trying to process the reports.

One approach to resolve this is to look at the size of your pictures and see if you can reduce them without losing too much of the resolution that you want. Here is an interesting article on the optimal picture size for computing that may be of interest to you: http://www.microscope-microscope.org...resolution.htm

Another approach is to make more memory available to Java. This can get complicated because it depends on several things including how much memory you have available (which depends on how many apps you have running among other things), whether you are using 32 bit or 64 bit java, and other things. As a first cut, would you mind downloading the " startupJE6JavaMoreMemory.bat" file from http://www.nmcollectorsoftware.com/moreMemory/ to your installation directory and then double clicking that file from your installation directory to actually run NM Collector Software. It should (depending on your system limitations) adjust the memory Java makes available to NM Collector Software. Would you let me know if it helps?

Worst case, you may have to reduce the size of all of your pictures.

------------------ end embedded message ------------------

Thanks,