Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2016, 05:51 PM

I would like to see it done as well.
Also look into machining an M1. You might have a bigger market to get things started and off the ground.
At any rate, keep in informed.
SMAWman
Old 12-13-2016, 06:56 PM

I'd be interested!
Old 12-13-2016, 08:51 PM

GWLA offered an eight position right sight ear - to allow more precise adjustments. Did you get that tooling?

I don't know if the other M14 clone manufacturers offer that option - but it is cool!

Even better if you put a NM rear sight on - then you would have 1/4 MOA windage adjustments.

Of course, I don't know if it would be Match Legal (but I bet you know!).

Best of luck in whatever you do - you were a friend and a help when I really needed it.

"Life is Good!"
Old 12-13-2016, 08:53 PM

How about assembling and marketing all the Bula parts into a finished product? I think that might work also. Give Springfield Inc. some real competition and a quality forged Rifle for us.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelap View Post
GWLA offered an eight position right sight ear - to allow more precise adjustments. Did you get that tooling?

I don't know if the other M14 clone manufacturers offer that option - but it is cool!

Even better if you put a NM rear sight on - then you would have 1/4 MOA windage adjustments.

Of course, I don't know if it would be Match Legal (but I bet you know!).

Best of luck in whatever you do - you were a friend and a help when I really needed it.

"Life is Good!"
Thx Alex ! I'm the one that came up with the 1/2 minute ear cuts. Yes, I have the tooling for the entire receiver except two custom woodruff cutters that were damaged. I have the old ones to reorder some though. I did it because NM sights were too expensive for the regular working guy and it wasn't fair in competition that the one with the most money wins. The best shooter should win, with all 'like' equipment. It's legal in matches for 1/2 or 1/4 min. as long as the outside of the rifle is the same appearance and dimension as the original.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck280 View Post
How about assembling and marketing all the Bula parts into a finished product? I think that might work also. Give Springfield Inc. some real competition and a quality forged Rifle for us.
That's the plan Buck. All I have to do is get Bula to play ball. I had Tony tell Jeff I was interested in becoming a distributor for their products as well. This requires vast sums of money to make larger buys. Haven't discussed numbers with Jeff yet. Hopefully we can get something ironed out soon. A word from everyone else here couldn't hurt. Like I wrote before, they are interested in selling parts and making money, and like H2O so prolifically put it, the more the merrier.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renisin View Post
M14/Rip, I would be very interested in two or three, I am looking for some custom work in line with what GWs of L.A. offered. If you would like to PM me, please as I am definitely interested.

Ren
I'll let you know Ren for sure. Give me some time. As you may recall the last time I announced my intentions here about the project in Theodore, it was over six months later before we had a prototype. Hopefully this will be much sooner. I am not a patient man. I did get all the engraving tools for custom work as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smal View Post
But Can you produce a Reciever that would be competitively priced with all the competitors out there ,Better or as good of quality at a lower price,That would ensure you steady business,but maintain enough profit flow in it to stay afloat ? The other bigger manufacturers I'm sure are volume buying materials to keep production material costs low. If you could place your raw material orders along with someone like your friends at Bula and get that break on material costs would help I'm sure tremendously ,I think it would be awesome to see a small start-up company make it among the giants.
Yes Smal, the numbers say it is doable. Better quality as well, ask Ted, or anyone that has built one of the last ones I did. There is no barrel shoulder turning or dressing in order to fit g.i. chrome lined barrels, or Bula chromed barrels. They all index at 14-15 degrees and screw right on. Complete builds were taking me no longer than 30 minutes down there....and that's because I had to take a smoke break. As for piggybacking raw material orders, excellent idea and I already thought of it. I talked with Clint Jr. at Fulton Armory and he graciously allowed me to order with him when using Boyds heavy stocks for match builds. Boyds also showed interest in remaking the original g.i. stock for me with their old program they still have. I was thinking of having a D.O.D. type stamp engraved with our company logo in it for the stocks, just like the originals had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMAWman View Post
I would like to see it done as well.
Also look into machining an M1. You might have a bigger market to get things started and off the ground.
At any rate, keep in informed.
SMAWman
While that is a great idea and would like to be involved in that, it is already covered. I'm under a non-disclosure and cannot say who is coming with them though. Exciting times for real shooters are coming. I will give you a hint though. 15,000 BM59 kits have recently hit the country. They will, and are being assembled as we speak, with new M1 manufactured receivers. I only found out by accident from talking to my heat treat facility, which were the same ones doing the M1's. Soon as I am allowed, I will let you in on it.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:10 PM

M14,Is it feasible or has anyone successfully tried to mate the many M-14 Heels floating around to new receivers so you get the authentic looking M-14 using real receiver heels .I know I'd love to have one if it can be safely done and is not price prohibitive and the BATF does not have issues with it.And if it has been or is currently being done who does it ?
Old 12-14-2016, 01:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
M14,Is it feasible or has anyone successfully tried to mate the many M-14 Heels floating around to new receivers so you get the authentic looking M-14 using real receiver heels .I know I'd love to have one if it can be safely done and is not price prohibitive and the BATF does not have issues with it.And if it has been or is currently being done who does it ?
been discussed....
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=157133
Old 12-14-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Yep, James River Armory has been doing it for a few years now. Mating USGI receiver rear halves to new Bula Defense Systems fronts. This is one of their first generation and I understand now they have an even better process. Made me one happy camper to put all Winchester USGI parts including barrel on this one.