Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other > Is it Real or Repro?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2017, 04:57 PM

Default 1911A1 box and lanyard

I know this isn't a 1911 forum but I don't belong to any of them.
What are your thoughts on this 1911A1 box and lanyard? I am leaning toward real with the aging on the lanyard.

http://s1047.photobucket.com/user/mi...ary/1911%20Box

Beware of people who are certain they are right. That certainty allows them to justify almost any act in pursuit of their goals. ( Jack campbell , Guardian)
Old 03-25-2017, 07:22 PM

They are nice reproductions.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:45 PM

Educate me on why they are reproductions ?

Beware of people who are certain they are right. That certainty allows them to justify almost any act in pursuit of their goals. ( Jack campbell , Guardian)
Old 03-27-2017, 07:18 PM

The lanyard looks wrong, in that the rope appears to have been left to soak in something. The white stuff looks too even. The small leather ring and the large piece should have the same coloration or close to it. The green color looks to be the same shade as a new repro lanyard that has been 'aged'. The hook looks like it was dipped in paint remover. There is a "genuine" lanyard that looks like this one on ebay, only more convincing. Bids are up to $15.50.
or the repro:
https://www.worldwarsupply.com/cart/45-Lanyard-M1911

I don't know about the box, it seems like it was made last week. I have bought new boxes for my Savage pistols that look great, but were sold as repros, too.

Just my feelings about the pictures. I bought one of those lanyards, new repro, for my 1912 Colt new service. I would be cautious with the one you are looking at.
If I'm all wet, someone please tell me.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:14 AM

I'm not sure about the lanyard but since there are reproductions on the market, i'd be very suspicious. The box definitely looks like one of the reproductions that are on the market.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:50 AM

They are reproductions, I have some of the same lanyards and boxes. Can't remember the guys info. He has an unlimited supply of boxes and lanyards. Also has the boxes and brushes for the victory model. They are nice and will be great for display and/or storage. He will put your pistol's serial number right on the box. His prices are good for what you get. The original lanyards have a different rope (it is stiffer and tighter). You need to find an original and put them side by side and you can definitely see the difference.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:30 AM

Box is absolutely fake. Not 100% sure on the lanyard but the stitching doesn't look right to me.