Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2017, 02:45 PM

Default Greetings from Long Island NY

Hey everyone!

I'm pretty new to shooting and my new .308 Special Garand is my first center-fire rifle. I've been shooting it for a couple of months now and I can say for sure that I am thoroughly addicted to this rifle and the sport in general.

The CMP picked a June of 1944 production Springfield for me, so I am very grateful for that, it's an excellent shooter with new parts, but it still has that history which is awesome.

Big thanks to all the knowledgeable people on here that helped to inform me on just about everything!
Old 09-05-2017, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull26 View Post
Hey everyone!

I'm pretty new to shooting and my new .308 Special Garand is my first center-fire rifle. I've been shooting it for a couple of months now and I can say for sure that I am thoroughly addicted to this rifle and the sport in general.

The CMP picked a June of 1944 production Springfield for me, so I am very grateful for that, it's an excellent shooter with new parts, but it still has that history which is awesome.

Big thanks to all the knowledgeable people on here that helped to inform me on just about everything!
Welcome from Kansas. Can't help you on the NY things.

3006 Garands Service Grades are still available. Might want to order one or two before they sell out. My last two came with original barrels.

Don't be a stranger. Lots to learn here.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....=Kansas+Poster
Old 09-05-2017, 03:31 PM
Banned

Welcome to theCMP forum.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:50 AM

Welcome aboard from Florida. There is a lot of good information here, but no one will help you here with the addiction to Garands.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:31 PM

Hi Redbull 26,

BIG Welcome to you!

Former resident of Queens here! Spent lots of time at the big skating rink off Rt 110 & shooting at a county range off Rt 110 is that Farmingdale? or was that Rt. 107?
Also the county indoor range at the former Floyd Bennett field, whatever the new name for that area is?
I have been shooting for 50+ years & thought I knew old military firearms well!

The posters here make me look like a newbie! They are a GREAT bunch of people here! And VERY HELPFUL

Enjoy everyday,
broomhandle
Old 09-06-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomhandle View Post
Hi Redbull 26,

BIG Welcome to you!

Former resident of Queens here! Spent lots of time at the big skating rink off Rt 110 & shooting at a county range off Rt 110 is that Farmingdale? or was that Rt. 107?
Also the county indoor range at the former Floyd Bennett field, whatever the new name for that area is?
I have been shooting for 50+ years & thought I knew old military firearms well!

The posters here make me look like a newbie! They are a GREAT bunch of people here! And VERY HELPFUL

Enjoy everyday,
broomhandle
I live right near Farmingdale, there used to be a county range off of Rt 110? I'm pretty certain it's not there anymore - or could be that I've just never heard of it. We're very limited around here though as far as places to shoot go... The only indoor county range we have here in Nassau is Mitchell field, which is right next to the Coliseum. I've been shooting out east at Calverton mostly, it's one of the last bastions of freedom us LI'ers have.